PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

DCMillz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picture Mail Issues

I'm trying to look at this picture someone sent me and I keep getting an error saying "the message to be downloaded exceeds set received limit" I dont remember setting one LOL. Anybody know how to adjust this?? thanks in advance
Old 03-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work
Re: Picture Mail Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMillz View Post
I'm trying to look at this picture someone sent me and I keep getting an error saying "this file is larger than you set received limit" I dont remember setting one LOL. Anybody know how to adjust this?? thanks in advance
I think if you include the arcsoft mms cab, it'll let you download up to 10megs, so the pic would be fine.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'm trying to look at this picture someone sent me and I keep getting an error saying "the message to be downloaded exceeds set received limit" I dont remember setting one LOL. Anybody know how to adjust this?? thanks in advance

Using a reg editing tool install this Reg Edit inside this Zip file soft reset and your done, it will change the settings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Arcsoft.zip (3.6 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by hypeo; 03-17-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DCMillz is a n00b

Thanks guys. I'm confused inside which zip file (folder) should I place it hypeo?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm confused inside which zip file (folder) should I place it hypeo?
The zip file that I attached contains a reg edit called Arcsoft, just extract that file from the zip file. Using a Registry Editing tool like Resco, or Total comander import that into your registry and it will change the values of sending and receiving MMS.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DCMillz is a n00b

I definitely unzipped it into the Arcosoft registry but it didn't work after I reset. Still the same error msg
Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

it's funny how i asked this same question months ago and got 4 different answers and none of them were related to Registry. thank you.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

teamsaracino is keeping up the good workteamsaracino is keeping up the good work

I downloaded the zip file, used total commander to unzip it then placed it in the windows folder. Was that the correct way to do it? How do I know?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Laying low in smoke

There is a cap that the carriers put on MMS. The limit for Sprint is 1mb, everyone else is 570k i believe.

What this means is that if the file is any bigger than the 1meg it will probably give u an error.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Laying low in smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsaracino View Post
I downloaded the zip file, used total commander to unzip it then placed it in the windows folder. Was that the correct way to do it? How do I know?

No, the correct folder will be HKLM/software

thats in the registry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2