PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

argeezy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WHY does sense 2.5 lag/chop up when flipping up and down quick links?

the whole home screen is a mess really. The clock animation can sometimes really screw up for a couple of seconds.

the weather animation is slower than what its supposed to be until you scroll down to the 9 quick links, then its smooth, until you scroll back up. When I scroll back up, the clock flips back in a choppy/laggy way that makes the device feel slow, and the clouds are back to moving slower than normal.

I noticed though if I remove the quick links its all smooth all over again...but then whats the point.

So is this supposed to happen or what? thanks...
Old 04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: WHY does sense 2.5 lag/chop up when flipping up and down quick links?

yea, because manila hogs resources like no other..

Help Me Help You
Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

like trying to run windows 7 on a 286 machine.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

unzip this file and copy it to the windows folder.. it stops the annoying clock flipping back-and-forth. i have no idea why they designed the clock this way.. maybe htc wanted to impress us with unnecessary clock animation, "Oooooh"

disable sense first so you don't have any copy errors, then soft reset and re-enable sense.
Attached Files
File Type: zip disable clock flip.zip (5.6 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

plain and simple answer, it will lag. it was your choice to go to sense 2.5 if your on a custom rom. if not, then i dunno. try switching to a sense 2.1 if it bothers you. like the third person said, its not meant for the tp2.

Don't click me
Old 04-11-2010, 01:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i disabled homescreen weather and use cookies home tab mod with altered up/down animation, so now it no longer lags and actually works well.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

coppertop24 is becoming a great contributor

Hell, the quicklinks are the least of my complaints. I hate the contacts tab because of how choppy/laggy that is. i know its because it unloads the images that are off screen and gets choppy when it starts to load em. I would be grateful if someone could find a way to just keep the contact images from unloading. i realize would take a memory hit but am willing to sacrifice.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

argeezy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
plain and simple answer, it will lag. it was your choice to go to sense 2.5 if your on a custom rom. if not, then i dunno. try switching to a sense 2.1 if it bothers you. like the third person said, its not meant for the tp2.
well no, I'm on stock 6.5. Just funny that sprint took so damn long testing or whatever for something that shouldn't be if it was gonna be a lagfest.

So I'm reduced to disabling the weather animation on the home screen to have it run somewhat smooth.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OP, have you tried out the newest Mightyrom yet? I'm running Manila 2.5 on that rom with fullscreen animations running, and it doesn't lag at all (every now and then the slider lags, but it's so minor that I don't even notice it unless I'm looking for it).

Oh yeah, and some 2.5 users say that clearing out your old text messages makes Manila go really fast.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Umm, WP6.5 with Sense 2.5 is the official ROM for the TP2... Thanks for trying to help though...

OP, it has been said that disabling the Contacts page helps a lot with lag in Sense. You might try that.

Last edited by Nagrom Nniuq; 04-11-2010 at 02:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2