PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Enable Finger Scrolling Within Emails in 6.1 Roms (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114508)

tahlsr 03-17-2010 10:40 AM

Enable Finger Scrolling Within Emails in 6.1 Roms

Hi,
Does anyone know the easiest way to enable finger scrolling within emails in 6.1 Roms?
After extensive searching I've found:
1.) there used to be a freeware proggie called: ftouchflo that is now not free and is ftouchsl (more functionality than I'm looking for)
2.) some posts mention the need for touchflo but I can't seem to find it as a cab or oem package. Is it part of some bigger package?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

raidzero 03-17-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Enable Finger Scrolling Within Emails in 6.1 Roms

1 Attachment(s)
From the sprint 6.1 ROM: (EXT format)

tahlsr 03-17-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1636191)

Thx so much. Will give it a shot.

Adrianh85 03-17-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1636191)

im using this in my blackout rom and still cant seem to get kinetic scrolling working while in emails or sms!! works everywhere else!!

mstevens 03-17-2010 06:07 PM

In my 6.1 ROM (the stock Sprint ROM), finger scrolling within emails works flawlessly out of the box.

You're talking about using cooked ROMs that don't support this?

freeza 03-17-2010 07:27 PM

It works on my ROM. However, you need a specific version of biotouch.dll or touch.dll or something like that as well as the "touchflo" installed.. I kind of forgot but I will reply back once I do research :)

NYC Guy 03-17-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstevens (Post 1637044)
In my 6.1 ROM (the stock Sprint ROM), finger scrolling within emails works flawlessly out of the box.

You're talking about using cooked ROMs that don't support this?

Ditto!

WhiteBlazer01 03-18-2010 04:56 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahlsr
Hi,
Does anyone know the easiest way to enable finger scrolling within emails in 6.1 Roms?
After extensive searching I've found:
1.) there used to be a freeware proggie called: ftouchflo that is now not free and is ftouchsl (more functionality than I'm looking for)
2.) some posts mention the need for touchflo but I can't seem to find it as a cab or oem package. Is it part of some bigger package?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

wow, I haven't heard the word "proggie" since AOL first came around in the early 90's! LOL

tahlsr 03-18-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1638048)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

wow, I haven't heard the word "proggie" since AOL first came around in the early 90's! LOL

Crap... you probably can guess how old I am then. Ha.

Thanks everyone for chiming in so far. Eventhough there are some neat things in the Win 6.5 world, I'm still loyal to the 6.1 speed and always flashback after retrying 6.5 :) Maybe I'll give it another shot if Sprint releases the new 6.5 stock ROM tomorrow but I presume I'll just be back and would love to have this feature working.

Anyways would love to get this scrolling working so I can have another reason to stay 6.1

Thanks Freeza for what I hope you find out in your research :)

Adrianh85 03-18-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahlsr (Post 1638191)
Crap... you probably can guess how old I am then. Ha.

Thanks everyone for chiming in so far. Eventhough there are some neat things in the Win 6.5 world, I'm still loyal to the 6.1 speed and always flashback after retrying 6.5 :) Maybe I'll give it another shot if Sprint releases the new 6.5 stock ROM tomorrow but I presume I'll just be back and would love to have this feature working.

Anyways would love to get this scrolling working so I can have another reason to stay 6.1

Thanks Freeza for what I hope you find out in your research :)

thats whats up loyal to the end!! on another note winmo 7 wont have any of the problems winmo 6.5 had ! trust me!

im working on getting this working in my rom right now