PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

egotek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My TP2 stopped working....

....mainly because I jumped into the pool with it in my pocket.

It actually turned back on after drying out, but the screen is very dim and you can tell that water got under the glass.

I felt like an ass when I realized that I still had it in my pocket...with everyone around, friends laughing at me, lol. Oh well, they shipped me a new one today and should get it tomorrow.

One thing that pissed me off is when I called Sprint, they said that I never got insurance for this line, but I remember specifically requesting it since the phone was so expensive. I never look at my bill since I have the everything plan, so I never noticed that it wasn't on there.

Anyway, the rep let me add it on since they're doing open enrollment this month, then I called the insurance company and had no problems! I was so close to throwing a fit and canceling my contract.

I felt naked all day with out my phone!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: My TP2 stopped working....

my wife washed my old flip phone once. took out the battery, let it dry out for a week, then charged it and all was good. the screen was a little off for a while, but even that went away over time.

try baking it in the over for a couple hours on lowest setting, might find it restored.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

egotek is a n00b

Well, i had several people tell me and also have read on forums before about putting it in a bag of uncooked rice. So I did that, it dried out pretty quick. Also put my car alarm remote in since it was in my pocket also. It works just fine, but the TP2 not so much. Although it did eventually turn on and boot...it's just slow as hell and you can barely see the screen.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mishajmo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by egotek View Post
....mainly because I jumped into the pool with it in my pocket.

It actually turned back on after drying out, but the screen is very dim and you can tell that water got under the glass.

I felt like an ass when I realized that I still had it in my pocket...with everyone around, friends laughing at me, lol. Oh well, they shipped me a new one today and should get it tomorrow.

One thing that pissed me off is when I called Sprint, they said that I never got insurance for this line, but I remember specifically requesting it since the phone was so expensive. I never look at my bill since I have the everything plan, so I never noticed that it wasn't on there.

Anyway, the rep let me add it on since they're doing open enrollment this month, then I called the insurance company and had no problems! I was so close to throwing a fit and canceling my contract.
Wait a minute:
  • It was your fault the phone was inoperable.
  • It was your fault for not ensuring TEP was on your line.
And yet, you were angry with Sprint? And almost cancelled your line, therefore turning a potentially 300-500 dollar mistake into how much more?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

egotek is a n00b

Yes, basically....it was all my fault. So tha-hell what? They should have put TEP on my line when I asked for it. and this morning i actually found my original order confirmation email and TEP was on it, but I was never charged monthly for it....so, whatever. don't really care anymore, just got a new TP2 delivered to my door.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2