PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera 10 Repack FINAL Flavors (Defaults/Flash Lite/Rotation) - {2010-05-28}

Time to repack again...

I have repackaged Opera 10 with the following enhancements:
  • No prompts to make it the default browser or launch
    • This makes it possible to use during UC/XDAUC/Sashimi without a custom mort script
  • Default Browser is set to Opera 10
  • Rotation is available based on your download selection
  • Flash Lite is included in the package (all credit to JuggaloX)
  • File associations are set to Opera 10 for HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML, WGT, WML, WMLC
How do I choose a version?
  • BASE - Includes the Browser, sets it as default, and sets the files association.
  • FL - Includes the Flash Lite files baked in
  • RO - Includes screen rotation
Additiona Info
  • Rotation may not work on all ROMS
  • I put this together very quickly, so please let me know if any of the builds have problems. I only tested the one I use, but they are scripted builds, so it should work well.
  • Flash support seems to be baked in (for what ever it is worth). You can turn on plug-ins and check it out. I am leaving the option to include FlashLite 3.1 because it is already built.
Verions 1.3
  • Fixed icon issue
  • Fixed setting not being applied correctly
Verions 1.2
  • "Could not initalize Opera" problem fixed
  • Typing lag fixed
Verions 1.1
  • Added missing shortcut link
  • Fixed abilitiy to view cab manager

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 05-28-2010 at 11:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 41 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:24 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: Opera 10 Repack Flavors (Defaults/Flash Lite/Rotation)

This doesn't run flash without the flashlite install?

I'm fairly positive installing flash lite has no effect on the performance, but I could be wrong. When I first installed opera 10, flash at youtube ran, then i installed flash lite 3.1 and it ran the same.

So basically flash lite is meant for standalone flash apps, isn't it?

Old 03-16-2010, 11:30 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: Opera 10 Repack Flavors (Defaults/Flash Lite/Rotation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
This doesn't run flash without the flashlite install?

I'm fairly positive installing flash lite has no effect on the performance, but I could be wrong. When I first installed opera 10, flash at youtube ran, then i installed flash lite 3.1 and it ran the same.

So basically flash lite is meant for standalone flash apps, isn't it?

As I understood it they were baking FlashLite in to Opera 10. In the previous version, it was not turned on. Thus the addition of Flash Lite to my package.

From what you are saying, that is not the case in this build.

Since I have my repack installed, I cannot check. Can you see if this registry setting is present on your phone?

Code:
    <characteristic type="HKCR\.swf">
      <parm name="" value="ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash" datatype="string" />
      <parm name="Content Type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash" datatype="string" />
    </characteristic>
Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Opera 10 Repack FINAL Flavors (Defaults/Flash Lite/Rotation)

sweeeet.. I was hoping ud get ur hands on this "final" version an ninjaduck the shit out of it lol...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

tested it out, running super fast =) that's a + but one thing I'm havin issues with is flash... Isn't flashlite supposed to provide flash support like skyfire..?? because I just tried atdhe.net where I watch all my shows/sports online and on skyfire it works but w/ opera it doesn't...

I checked my registry and I have both of those entries like you posted..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:23 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
tested it out, running super fast =) that's a + but one thing I'm havin issues with is flash... Isn't flashlite supposed to provide flash support like skyfire..?? because I just tried atdhe.net where I watch all my shows/sports online and on skyfire it works but w/ opera it doesn't...

I checked my registry and I have both of those entries like you posted..
I know it does not run the flash on all sites. Sadly, I am hardly an expert. From my limited understanding, Flash Lite is an extension of flash. You have to create content for it.

Anyone from the community who can comment....
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

no, flashlite works for youtube and some other very limited videos.

HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so RO version has the everything included? (base and flashlite?)

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
so RO version has the everything included? (base and flashlite?)
BASE-FL-RO-XXX has everything included.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

my youtube is saying I need the latest flash player as well, so i guess its VERYYY picky on what videos work and what ones dont... I get the "Hello, you have javascript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest flash player"..

I think what it is, some sites require an active-x plugin or some other type of plugin to encode the video correctly, and our phones only having basic flash elements don't provide enough support for it.. just kinda weird how skyfire works perfect w/o adding any extra files into it.. i'm suprised opera doesn't pull skyfire apart and find how they do it.. that'd be interesting, but anyhow I'm still gonna give this a run just cuz it's working fine besides flash, if anyone does come up with an answer or a How-To I'd be very obliged...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2