PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 WM6.1
Carrier: verizon

tmanner is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Network speed boost "I've searched"

can anyone tell me what this cab does? registry edits it changes? anything?
muchas gracias
Old 03-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

yellow92bird is a n00b

mine is enabled, already set to 1. im not sure if its the energy rom or what but im not able to get into the debug menu. so i dont wanna try different radios as im unable to see which one is actually yelding the best reception. ugh! this is frustrating
Old 03-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskansas View Post
Try using *#*#364#*#* to check your reception.
Kewl! I'd never seen that one before. Lots of information, although most of it is gibberish to me.

Stock Sprint ROM, for those wondering.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

I'm running Sprint on my stock 6.1 TP2 here in Las Vegas and my speeds are noticeably slower than OP's.

Before installing SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.CAB I was getting between 100kb/s - 400kb/s on Opera 10, which is totally pathetic.

Afterwards I'm getting in between 200kb/s - 700 kb/s. Not sure if this is just a hiccup or anything but there was an improvement. At what cost, I don't know.

Opera 10 Final Before:

Opera 10 Final After:

And for sh!ts and giggles;

Opera Mini 5 beta Before:

Opera Mini 5 beta After:

Shouldn't Mini be irrelevant seeing as it's rendered server side? Also, the numbers aren't that big of a difference on Mini, so it just could be that I ended up getting it a little higher as a fluke. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I ran three tests on each go (before/after - Mini/Mobile) and these are the highest numbers on each. (I'm too lazy to do an average)

Last edited by OMGWTF_BBQ; 03-17-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Forgot my ROM
Old 03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Lurker

dskansas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Kewl! I'd never seen that one before. Lots of information, although most of it is gibberish to me.

Stock Sprint ROM, for those wondering.
I was looking into getting a amplifier/repeater to boost the signal in my house and that is where I learned about that trick. Here is a little about what they had to say.

What is RSSI?

Besides the signal bars you're likely familiar with, there is a more accurate way to see how strong your signal is. RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) numbers provide a better idea of what your signal strength is. The closer the number is to zero, the better your signal strength is; for example, -65 dBm is a much better signal than -95 dBm, which is better than -100 dBm, etc. A good target RSSI indoors is -80 dBm - at that point, it is highly likely you are getting the best possible performance that the tower you are connected to can provide.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

custom dialers usually dont respond to codes entered

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 03-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yellow92bird is a n00b

So i downloaded the ESPT cab u provided and Ill post teo screen shoots of my reception which i think is good. i've been testing my nets speed all day and i am averaging 689kbs with a 500kb test. im still no where near the 1500 some people are seeing i have got 1100 like 3 out of 100 test through an 8 hour period. so is there any other tweaks i can do???

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...creenShot2.png

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...creenShot1.png
Old 03-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yellow92bird... What rom are you currently using? The first thing you need to is flash a good Sprint specific rom. I highly recommend either Mr.X rom or Neodium V9. Mr.X rom is fast and very stable as well as Neodium. You sacrafice mms but who cares, theres fixes for that.
Then you need to take in concideration how many users are on the tower you are connecting to. That makes a difference in your data speeds. The prl update is possible with stock sprint rom and with the two roms i recommended. Once you flash one of the roms i mentioned, do a "update profile" and "update prl" and you should get good data speeds as long as you have a good EV signal.
If this does not give you much better results then i suggest you call Sprint and get tech support on the line and they can test the tower near you and troubleshoot the data connection.
I know you will love Mr.X manila 2.5 rom or Neodium V9! They are the only roms i run on my Sprint TP2.
Good Luck! Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I am giving it a shot now
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 03-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yellow92bird is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Yellow92bird... What rom are you currently using? The first thing you need to is flash a good Sprint specific rom. I highly recommend either Mr.X rom or Neodium V9. Mr.X rom is fast and very stable as well as Neodium. You sacrafice mms but who cares, theres fixes for that.
Then you need to take in concideration how many users are on the tower you are connecting to. That makes a difference in your data speeds. The prl update is possible with stock sprint rom and with the two roms i recommended. Once you flash one of the roms i mentioned, do a "update profile" and "update prl" and you should get good data speeds as long as you have a good EV signal.
If this does not give you much better results then i suggest you call Sprint and get tech support on the line and they can test the tower near you and troubleshoot the data connection.
I know you will love Mr.X manila 2.5 rom or Neodium V9! They are the only roms i run on my Sprint TP2.
Good Luck! Let us know how it works out for you.
I am running Energy Rom 23544 Sense 2.5 with MaxManila Mar.13, I have installed the .cab that was posted in this thread and my internet speed went from about 350ish KBS average to 700KBS average, which im happy about, Ive looked at my reception through the ##debug# and on the 1x menu, my Rx power is currently -84 to -90 and in the HDR menu my Rx power is the same, between -84 and -90 and the rx signal streath is 93. also on the HDR menu i see the requested data rate is 686.40kbs which is about what i average all the time now. its 3am here and my buddies touch pro through sprint is getting 1300kbs using energys rom and the same .cab and he rarley drops below 1000kbs. so i dont see why i cant get the same data crate as his using the same network and withen a foot of each other.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2