PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Pandora for Windows Mobile cab??

does anyone have the cab for pandora for windows mobile?

when i visit the website on my phone there is no place where it gives me the option to download it or anything...??
Old 03-16-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work
Re: Pandora for Windows Mobile cab??

Post # 1 and # 15.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...54#post1543254
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work

yeah i just saw that thread, but it seems most people are talking about having problems with it...

what exactly is wrong with it, i thought everything worked on it fine, or what is wrong with pandora? is there a better alternative?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Works just fine. Without the 2nd cab it cuts the songs short. It is not made for our resolution so things are a bit small. Fully functional though.

I tried slacker radio, it's cool. Much prettier than Pandora. I always go back to Pandora though.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

OP Pandora doesn't support the tp2 or any wvga device or vga device. that is why you can't find it on their website. the link the person posted above was to a work-around pandora cab that was for windows 6.0. The reason people are having problems is because the audio quality is poor and the display doesn't fit our phone display properly.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-16-2010, 07:36 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

slacker radio is a bit different than pandora, but once you get used 2 it its by far a better solution, IMO. better UI (made 4 our device, wvga) so no small keys or workaround like pandora. songs play in full w/ no workaround. plenty stations. 6x song skip per station per hr. (meaning if your on 1 station you can only skip song 6x per/hr, unless you change stations, it starts over) the only 'semi' annoying thing is a slacker commercial every now an then but its only 6 sec. long.

i wish i could figure out how to get pro version, to have full lyrics (of song played) if availible an the such (extras)
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I can't seem to get slacker to play uninterrupted for any length of time.

It will play a handful of songs & then just stop. I then have to restart the app to get it going again......

John
Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you know, its happened to me once or twice but i never had to restart the app. 4 me it seemed like the song didnt play automaticly so all i did was hit play and then that did it 4 me...but slacker is cooked in the rom i use. not sure if that really would have any difference or not, shouldnt
Old 03-16-2010, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I can't seem to get slacker to play uninterrupted for any length of time.

It will play a handful of songs & then just stop. I then have to restart the app to get it going again......

John
Same happens to me. It seems to play until I skip a track. Then it gets all wonky and stops playing all together. Then I go back to Pandora.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

the last cab on the first post works perfectly:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48458

yes, it is not made for our phone's resolution which makes the navigation a little more difficult. but i only have to use the stylus when exiting the program.

p.s. the slacker app wasn't made for our phone either, fyi. and a lot of people have had issues with it, so it isn't perfect. for me, when it hits the ads, it tends to freeze up and i have to close it and reopen.
I have not noticed any sound quality differences between pandora or slacker or sirius (cd quality enabled). but i also don't use anything but the phone speaker to play it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2