PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
WP7 no removable storage, no file explorer, no usb hdd, NO COPY AND PASTE

Windows must really want to be like the iPhone or maybe my head has just been in the dirt but no removable storage card that's outrageous, what do my fellow ppcgeeks think.

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/...file-explorer/

NO COPY AND PASTE

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/mix10...phone-7-series

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/...hone-7-series/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/16/w...opy-and-paste/
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 03-17-2010 at 01:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Re: WP7 no removable storage- am i missing something?

Unless They have a 32GB or 64GB model, I will be jumping ship to Android. What can be gained by not allowing removable storage?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

No true multi-tasking, except for special hub apps like Pandora.
Marketplace is the only way to install apps, except for developers, beta versions and enterprise.
No removable storage.
No file system – apps can only access their own directory.
No USB drive mode.
No replacement of the default apps – while Opera will be allowed, it could not be the default browser.
No 3rd party shells
No native code
No peer to peer gaming.

doesnt look promising for a user like me. i really had high hopes going into this event about wp7 but now not sure which way im gonna go.

while i understand it coming from microsoft's standpoint (theyre in the business to make money, the iphone model has proved to be the most profitable so why not follow suit) it kinda sucks for guys like us i guess, really disappointed by this news

Last edited by redd214; 03-15-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You have to call a spade a spade....

Windows Phone 7 Series is the iPhone done Microsoft's way. Without question they copied the iPhone's strategy 100% and offered a new UI as they couldn't copy that.

Not counting the "Metro" UI if you want to know what to expect from Windows Phone 7 Series look at the iPhone is all I can say.

This is really a bad day for us classic Windows Mobile lovers, but it looks like all we have is Android.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
No true multi-tasking, except for special hub apps like Pandora.
Marketplace is the only way to install apps, except for developers, beta versions and enterprise.
No removable storage.
No file system – apps can only access their own directory.
No USB drive mode.
No replacement of the default apps – while Opera will be allowed, it could not be the default browser.
No 3rd party shells
No native code
No peer to peer gaming.

doesnt look promising for a user like me. i really had high hopes going into this event about wp7 but now not sure which way im gonna go.
Yeah I was ready to get back on the windows train also but no storage card, USB driver, or file explorer is kind of unacceptable for me. Seems like I'll be chillin wit android for awhile.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

I dont really see why this aspect is a big deal. I have a 16gb card in my tp2 and I have never taken it out.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I dont really see why this aspect is a big deal. I have a 16gb card in my tp2 and I have never taken it out.
I've popped my card out multiple times. Often its faster popping out the memory card and putting it into another device rather then trying to send a big file through email. Have you ever tried to email something over 1.5mb, it takes forever just to send.

Last edited by p-slim; 03-16-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Every Day I get more and more upset with the direction Microsoft is going. I have been a die hard Windows Phone user and supporter since I bought my first back in 2005. I am really hoping that they will continue WM 6.5.X like reports have suggested so I can dual boot a newer WM device such as the HD2 .... otherwise I may as-well be jumping full time to Android by way of the Incredible. I really don't see myself buying a WP7S device.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

wildcard is a n00b

TBH, the list of Windows 7 "features" - IE: no USB drive mode, no file system, no removeable storage (how is that OS related??) - are most likely FUD and an early April fools joke. I highly doubt they would make their OS *that* lame....
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Bay Area Boss
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
TBH, the list of Windows 7 "features" - IE: no USB drive mode, no file system, no removeable storage (how is that OS related??) - are most likely FUD and an early April fools joke. I highly doubt they would make their OS *that* lame....
Seriously, with those 3 missing its ludacris. They might as well just build 1 or 2 phone like the iPhone and call it the windows phone. With these stats I don't see a reason for multiple providers with so many lockdowns on the device hardware. What there going to have the option to change the screen size, amount of memory, and color and that's the options we have to work with. That's why Microsoft isn't backing HTC in their lawsuit like Google is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2