PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 no removable storage, no file explorer, no usb hdd- am i missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druu View Post
I REALLY hope Microsoft reads these forums lol. They are going to tank big time if all this is true. Very sad, I've had windows phones ever since the 6600 .
Unfortunately they won't. The sad truth is power users like us are the minority and most simply want an out of the box experience that is idiot-proof similar to the iPhone because they've never learned to use anything better. This is a win for MS because when you idiot proof something you don't have to provide as much support.

I'd have no problem at all with what they're doing with WM if they'd just stop trying to dictate what we should have the ability to do with our phones. Why not make a WM7 pro with limited tech support and add in the ability to multitask without restriction, use some sort of file system, and freely install applications from any source we desire? Those of us who would use those features are already well aware that our battery life would be affected, we might run into bugs, etc, and we're more than capable of finding our own help if we need it. I'd gladly pay a reasonable premium for this, I just want the option to have it. There's a lot to like about WM7, but absence of the power features we all know and love is a dealbreaker

As for me, I'll be running my TP2 until a) it dies, b) Verizon releases the HD2, or c) i get my next upgrade and give one of the snapdragon HTC android offerings a try. Maybe someone will figure out how to hack WM6.5 onto the Incredible or Nexus One or something like that.

Last edited by helix139; 03-16-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:41 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: WP7 no removable storage, no file explorer, no usb hdd- am i missing something?

NO FILE EXPLORER???!!!! D@mn.... now im rethinking it....
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I've already picked out my new Android phone :/

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

c'mon Supersonic!!! *crosses fingers*
Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mizofizo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mizofizo

I guess I'm the only person on the entire internet who is still looking forward to WP7...

At first I was annoyed about not having a file system and removable storage but then I thought about WHY and it turns out, I don't really need to have them.

The one question I have still is how/if they'll handle PDFs? I know that they plan on having everything sync with the live services but does that include Skydrive?
Old 03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

is it me or does it seem like winmo is just letting us go a little to easy? They have to know there are certain reasons some people still don't have an iphone and android seems to know those reasons. Microsoft has to realize the majority of ppcgeeks will go with android over wp7 as we can all see windows just wants to have their own iphone. Its as if Microsoft thinks apple is the only competitor. Android is rapidly growing and it didn't build an iphone.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and to top it all off...

engadget is reporting that there will be no copy paste for windows 7 phone
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
and to top it all off...

not till the 3rd update. lol
Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizofizo View Post
I guess I'm the only person on the entire internet who is still looking forward to WP7...

At first I was annoyed about not having a file system and removable storage but then I thought about WHY and it turns out, I don't really need to have them.

The one question I have still is how/if they'll handle PDFs? I know that they plan on having everything sync with the live services but does that include Skydrive?
I still plan to get it and am very excited for it. The removable storage thing sucks but hopefully that'll push OEM's to to provide better internal storage options and make that grow. I prefer internal storage and only use an sd card because I have to. The "no file system" thing is stupid to worry about, I see no use for it. You have a file you need to use, open the program it's used by and run it. What's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
and to top it all off...

I'm not completely buying that, either a misunderstanding or it's a "we don't have this feature built in yet" kind of thing. Really all that needs to be copied is text and links. If they accomplish that I'm happy.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

mizofizo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mizofizo

I think the no copy and paste thing is a limitation of the current Silverlight 3+ base that they're using. They stated that there will be a bump to Silverlight 4 in the near future which I think will bring a host of enhancements/fixes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2