PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Frankiedog is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 no removable storage- am i missing something?

Sounding more and more like the next "Jitterbug II" by Microsoft. Or the Microsoft Bob Phone.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

failure..... :-\
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

boooooooooooooooooooooo....

so looks like im stuck with a tp2 for the next few years...

Old 03-16-2010, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I dont really see why this aspect is a big deal. I have a 16gb card in my tp2 and I have never taken it out.
Right. You have a 16GB Card, and that's quite a bit of storage, and it's expandable. If you wanted, you could nip out and buy a 32GB one. But what if the phone only comes with 4GB built-in? Or less? Look at the Palm Pre, the Palm Pixi, and the iPhone. They have a set amount, and it's not expandable. They expect that when you want more storage, you're going to go out and buy a whole new phone to replace your previous one. How many people out there have more than 8GB of music? I know I do. Or movies? I certainly do. And I really don't like sitting there spending several hours looking through my music files to decide what I was going to listen to today. I have other things to do. I'd rather put my entire library on shuffle and just press next or previous to randomly go through my entire library, than have to sit down and pick through all of it.

I dunno about you, but it's a LOT cheaper to pay $100 for the next size up memory card than $300-600 for a whole new phone, and I'm always adding to my music and movie library. 8GB is not enough. That seems to be the bent for most manufacturers except for the iPhone. Try finding me another multimedia phone out there that has more than 8GB of storage that ISN'T the iPhone that doesn't rely on cheap, removable storage media. You probably won't. So your choices are either an alternative phone of your choice with a small amount of fixed storage space, or whatever size you want of removable storage, upgradeable at any time. I'm sorry, but to me choice wins out 100% every single time. I'll take the alternative phone to one with a fixed media. I'd have liked the Palm Pre if only it had had the ability to have removable media. It could have had only 1GB of onboard space and I'd still have bought it, as long as it had an expansion slot!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

umma stay put, plain and simple...I made my 6700 work, my mogul, my TP and now TP2 with the help here and elsewhere...mostly here...PHUK IT...all good as is, or til 6.5..we ll see
Old 03-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedeer View Post
Right. You have a 16GB Card, and that's quite a bit of storage, and it's expandable. If you wanted, you could nip out and buy a 32GB one. But what if the phone only comes with 4GB built-in? Or less? Look at the Palm Pre, the Palm Pixi, and the iPhone. They have a set amount, and it's not expandable. They expect that when you want more storage, you're going to go out and buy a whole new phone to replace your previous one. How many people out there have more than 8GB of music? I know I do. Or movies? I certainly do. And I really don't like sitting there spending several hours looking through my music files to decide what I was going to listen to today. I have other things to do. I'd rather put my entire library on shuffle and just press next or previous to randomly go through my entire library, than have to sit down and pick through all of it.

I dunno about you, but it's a LOT cheaper to pay $100 for the next size up memory card than $300-600 for a whole new phone, and I'm always adding to my music and movie library. 8GB is not enough. That seems to be the bent for most manufacturers except for the iPhone. Try finding me another multimedia phone out there that has more than 8GB of storage that ISN'T the iPhone that doesn't rely on cheap, removable storage media. You probably won't. So your choices are either an alternative phone of your choice with a small amount of fixed storage space, or whatever size you want of removable storage, upgradeable at any time. I'm sorry, but to me choice wins out 100% every single time. I'll take the alternative phone to one with a fixed media. I'd have liked the Palm Pre if only it had had the ability to have removable media. It could have had only 1GB of onboard space and I'd still have bought it, as long as it had an expansion slot!
the min is 8gb so u dont have to worry about 4gb or less but even tho my mem card is 8 gb now its to small im gonna wait until they have a 32Gb phone unless there is a super sexy 16Gb by HTC then i mite get that also

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Removable storage isn't even that big of a deal compared to no file system access, no multi-tasking, no app "sideloading," and no way to set a different default browser. Give me a 32GB phone without those restrictions and I'd be sold on WP7. Although, yeah, ideally we should get removable storage.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I hear Droid calling...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 03-16-2010, 08:38 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Android is the way... made the jump and kinda hate the fact that I didnt do it sooner.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (TP2 or BlackBerry: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

this is sounding more and more like vista mobile lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2