PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 08:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 no removable storage, no file explorer, no usb hdd, NO COPY AND PASTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizzmatt View Post
What choice do I have? I LOVE Windows Mobile's hackability. I also love Android, but I have CricKet. CricKet won't work on Android, at least data won't. People are developing for WebOS right? I might snag a Palm Pre. We should all make our own OS. Windows Phone 7.1, Made by the hackers for the hackers! Well, I can dream can't I?

Xizz
You do know that Android is open source? so anyone can edit and modify it or make it work. It is also based on Linux which was developed by hackers >.>

Quote:
If Microsoft really wants to make an OS for their phones that their users would like they should have taken a survey or a poll of their current users and what they would like to see and use on their phones and what changes they think should be implemented.If WM7 is as bad as it sounds then im definetly going to be an Android user in the future.What is Microsoft thinking?
Microsoft has no interest in us at all..they wouldn't care to poll us they are out to make another iPhone for the average user. Their impression is to focus on average consumer first and worry about business people after.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
thats the point of this thread, do we want wp7 with the above annoucements?
Based on what I've heard, no.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

I’m going to start this off with the point that as WP7 is built of CE7, which is an upgrade to CE6 (WM6.5 is built of CE5.2) of course the OS supports multitasking! There aren’t major smartphones that don’t support it at an OS level, because that would cause things like not being able to receive a phone call when not in the phone application.

From what delving I’ve done in the SDK (and what I’ve been told by a few) Microsoft will allow third party developers access to multitasking, but only if the developer can give a good reason. This may seem like Microsoft trying to control your life, but it’s really Microsoft wanting the experience to be good!

What point is there to having a game rendering in the background, when if you hibernate it and resume you’re game will still be in the same state? All that will do is cause the OS to slow down with no benefit. As a different example, a web browser would be useful to have downloading content in the background as it would let you do other things when loading web pages, but there’s not point in it constantly refreshing what it’s drawing to the screen as you will not see it.

The packages that applications are stored in (think cab file, but the code is executed from within it’s package, rather than copying the contents of the package on to the device and then running it there) contain a manifest stating what permissions the package has, like multitasking, web access etc, so it’s harder for idiots to install malware, but there should be the option to turn that off, much like you can turn off the unsigned cab warning in WM6.5. This is, I believe, the “developer” mode.

I hope that little rant clears up some of the multitasking, but if you have any questions, do let us know below!
Sphere: Related Content

SOURCE: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=14400#idc-container
Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

windows phone 7 will have copy and paste http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...e-post-launch/
Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Why is this even in the tp2 forum? The tp2 will never support wp7!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
windows phone 7 will have copy and paste http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...e-post-launch/
Oh ok, they are now saying just not at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
Why is this even in the tp2 forum? The tp2 will never support wp7!!!
you know tp2 forum is the only thread that gets any real traffic, especially from the main contributors of this forum.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Windows must really want to be like the iPhone or maybe my head has just been in the dirt but no removable storage card that's outrageous, what do my fellow ppcgeeks think.

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/...file-explorer/

NO COPY AND PASTE

http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/mix10...phone-7-series

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/...hone-7-series/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/16/w...opy-and-paste/
Yup, I'll stick to WinMo6.5 for now, maybe Supersonic Droid later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Umma do me 6.5 for a long while
Old 03-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

I agree with Yay 4 Juggs. Why is this even in this forum! So what if it gets a lot of traffic, its not for w7.

I would normally careless if something was posted in the wrong forum but one day this guy is all for W7 and the next day he's bashing it and microsoft. We all know you're a android fan boy, go post in the correct forum!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

uh oh, i smell smoke....and soon, the flames!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2