PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Absolute bare 6.5.x ROM?

Is there a 6.5.x ROM with almost no additional software installed just enough to boot windows mobile and have all the hardware features working on the phone? But also have a place to download cabs for the most commonly used apps like youtube, album, possibly a manila 2.1 or 2.5 cab install as well?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor
Re: Absolute bare 6.5.x ROM?

You can use jd's clean rom: forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106618

Some apps installed might not work due to missing components, but you can try using cabs from the SenseRom Pro thread and freeza's.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i think MightyROM Void is a good alternative
Old 03-16-2010, 07:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Try my kitchen, just select Nothing when given the choice.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I will try that, although I would definitely prefer a simple ROM flash with nothing added.

EDIT: Tried using the kitchen, not my kinda thing, a little bit too complicated for my brain lol. Is there any ROM available that I can just simply flash and install all the .cabs i would like? I tried to download NAGROM .07 but i kept getting a corrupt .nbh file when i'd try to extract it, but otherwise that seems to be exactly what I want.

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 03-16-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
You can use jd's clean rom: forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106618

Some apps installed might not work due to missing components, but you can try using cabs from the SenseRom Pro thread and freeza's.
I would very much like this ROM except its only 6.5 and im looking for 6.5.x with the new finger buttons on the bottom.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
I will try that, although I would definitely prefer a simple ROM flash with nothing added.

EDIT: Tried using the kitchen, not my kinda thing, a little bit too complicated for my brain lol. Is there any ROM available that I can just simply flash and install all the .cabs i would like? I tried to download NAGROM .07 but i kept getting a corrupt .nbh file when i'd try to extract it, but otherwise that seems to be exactly what I want.
no problem, I am uploaded a nothing rom to hotfile from the kitchen. The only additions to the 23547 WM core are a few video drivers. THERE ARE NO HTC PACKAGES. It is a 65.7 MB nbh file.

This is for the extreme minimalist. Be prepared to install many cabs. Cabs that come to mind are camera, usb to pc, youtube, phonecanvas, pretty much anything HTC you are after. The only things from HTC I included are what is needed to boot this device.

143MB ram free on boot.

http://hotfile.com/dl/33094453/bef34...23547.rar.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Once the Sprint ROM update is posted this Friday, I will be creating a Bare Naked 6.5 ROM to go along with the current Bare Naked 6.1 ROM. Focus will obviously shift towards 6.5.5 afterward, as the 6.1 series is pretty much complete.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
no problem, I am uploaded a nothing rom to hotfile from the kitchen. The only additions to the 23547 WM core are a few video drivers. THERE ARE NO HTC PACKAGES. It is a 65.7 MB nbh file.

This is for the extreme minimalist. Be prepared to install many cabs. Cabs that come to mind are camera, usb to pc, youtube, phonecanvas, pretty much anything HTC you are after. The only things from HTC I included are what is needed to boot this device.

143MB ram free on boot.

http://hotfile.com/dl/33094453/bef34...23547.rar.html
Thanks alot for this! im gonna try it out now ill let you know how it goes
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Once the Sprint ROM update is posted this Friday, I will be creating a Bare Naked 6.5 ROM to go along with the current Bare Naked 6.1 ROM. Focus will obviously shift towards 6.5.5 afterward, as the 6.1 series is pretty much complete.

Sounds great! your 6.1 ROM was really awesome! cant wait for that downloading raids post now well see how it goes, im gonna need to find the camera app though lol
Old 03-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Thanks alot for this! im gonna try it out now ill let you know how it goes

Sounds great! your 6.1 ROM was really awesome! cant wait for that downloading raids post now well see how it goes, im gonna need to find the camera app though lol
lol thanks! the camera works if you install the mHub/dshow cabs :-p

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2