PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What rom for me? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114268)

themaster 03-15-2010 07:24 PM

What rom for me?

The stock rom has some kind of problem (and maybe there's a fix for it) but my audio will just become super faint sound after a few days..

This is what I'd like in a rom by order of priority
- Internet Sharing (or maybe the htc wifi app if it works for tp2) that auto connects on plug-in
- Mostly working or all working GPS for google maps
- Force Roaming apparently fixable via my other thread :)
- Built-in sprint update so after I install it.. I can update it and have EVDO working :(

There isn't much else.. no bugs.. stable.. saves power.. whatever :) Having a built-in voip app would be nice (I didn't mean skype.. I mean real voip) having remote desktop included also = nice :)

I've tried mighty and got pretty pissed when internet sharing was working or hardly working.. internet sharing is a priority for me.. I'm travelling and rely on it heavily..

kevmo1965 03-15-2010 07:34 PM

Re: What rom for me?

Try Neodium by Vin. It's made by a sprint user for sprint users. Everything you mentioned works fine for me. You will need to change the Audiopara file to get the louder speaker.
Of course you have done the hard-spl unlock? This must be done before you flash any ROM. Also, sync your phone before you flash and don't use a backup you created on the stock ROM on a cooked ROM.

fishingmedic 03-15-2010 07:35 PM

Give Mr. X's ROM a shot but Mighty's ROM's are stable too. Are you adding things that are breaking the ROM?

themaster 03-15-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 1632239)
Give Mr. X's ROM a shot but Mighty's ROM's are stable too. Are you adding things that are breaking the ROM?

Nope, I popped on mighty's last night and watched the internet sharing not auto connect enough to try the .cab's I applied to the stock.. and that broke the whole thing.. so now I'm on public wifi :( till I download a new rom on public wifi and install it..

fishingmedic 03-15-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themaster (Post 1632268)
Nope, I popped on mighty's last night and watched the internet sharing not auto connect enough to try the .cab's I applied to the stock.. and that broke the whole thing.. so now I'm on public wifi :( till I download a new rom on public wifi and install it..

You can flash from sd if you need to, just check out the thread in the updates thread. Make sure your sd is formatted fat32 and it's easy as all heck. Did you check in Mighty's thread about the issue? Honestly, his ROM's are stable as hell and if there's a problem he fixes them. And he's got a great user group in there to help with issues.

themaster 03-15-2010 09:53 PM

I saw my very issue posted at the end of this thread.. the statement being.. sometimes you have to launch the internet before using internet sharing.. I don't want that the old mighty rom on touch pro just works.. just connects.. headache free..

bishop0114 03-15-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingmedic (Post 1632239)

I have tried all the ROMS and I would also recommend Mr. X with 2.5. It is VERY FAST. I have found it to be very stable and even faster than the 2.1 ROMS out there.