PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Data Disconnect Confirmation

How do you remove this? I do not know how long it has been there since I never disconnect my data. One of my users pointed it out and now it's just driving me crazy:

I have tried the data disconnect package from leo 2.10, VZW 6.5, VZW 6.1, Sprint 6.1, even Sprint 6.1 TP ROM. I have also tried all of those ROM's comm managers. I settled on VZW 6.1 comm manager and Sprint 6.1 data disconnect. This *IS* data disconnect since when I swapped data disconnect to sprint 6.1 VGA, the text was drawn correctly. Using the WVGA ones caused the text to not be drawn correctly.

Anyone have any idea? There was a cab posted in my thread called disable 777 notification but it does not work. The cab contains a dummy file named remnot.exe, which replaces remnet.exe and then points to the new file in the registry. remnet.exe does not seem to be part of the puzzle since even when pointed at remnot.exe it still comes up. When remnet.exe is simply replaced with a 0-byte remnet.exe the data connection breaks entirely...

All I want to do is remove this confirmation. I only have one data connection.

I appreciate all help and will give ample amounts of green juice
Old 03-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: Data Disconnect Confirmation

Noticed your BT icon is also showing. is this happening when disconneting BT ? that might be where you need to look.. something funky

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Thanks, but no, my bluetooth was just on for the screenshot, it's always on
Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

stevedebi is a n00b

This looks like a customization of the HTC Notifications manager. It comes up when the user taps the top of the screen? Or is it something else. In any case, so a search for the registry entry found here and try that. Hopefully it will bring back the stock WM 6 data bubble, with it's single (but smaller) "Disconnect" button.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=492563&page=2

Quote from there:
"I found a way to deactivate it (I just hate this new layer), but it's a bit ugly : in the registry, go to HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER and change the "Dll" value to "NotificationManager.dll.bak", then soft-reset."

Actually, you can simply set the flag to 4 just below this entry and have the same effect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I don't think this is the notification enhancement, it only comes up when trying to turn off the data connection in comm manager. I will try with a different notification enhancement, though that is really not an option when it comes time to release, as the notification counts will not show on the lock screen without it.

Thanks for the effort

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2