PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Question bad usb port and won't charge in the car anymore???

has anyone had there phone stop charging when i try in the car? it used to charged fine so i tried 2 different usb car chargers and it won't charge anymore.

i can only charge when plugged into usb or home charger

Old 03-15-2010, 03:45 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: bad usb port and won't charge in the car anymore???

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
has anyone had there phone stop charging when i try in the car? it used to charged fine so i tried 2 different usb car chargers and it won't charge anymore.

i can only charge when plugged into usb or home charger
Yeah, you're port is on the fritz.
Mine is too. Eventually it will stop charging from all connections, from what I understand. It's a loose connection causing improper voltage from your car adapter when connected, I believe.

Basically, I think it's on its way out.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i didnt have my car charger go out but i had my pc stop recognizing my phone.I tried everything and still didnt work,bad part was my tp2 was unlocked and flashed and couldnt get it relocked.suggest you take it in before it all goes out.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

are u sure theres not a fault with the car charger?

i had this same issue try moving the cord around in the car to make sure its not a short in the cord.

In my case it was a short in my car charger, and my charging port was going bad because i had the physically hold the cord in my charging port just to get it to charge. I ended up doing a warranty replacement which most likely is what you're going to have to do eventually
Old 03-15-2010, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Yup......

My slightly over 2 month old TP2 quit charging on the AC charger, then quit charging on the car charger, then quit charging on the Sprint Solio charger.

Finally got it over to the Sprint store where they exchanged it for another brandy new one. New replacement unit working fine now........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2