PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hyperfire21 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So can you force roam?

how does force roam help us? is there a benefit im missing?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2 htc

maykuo is a n00b

Dear Ninjaduck,

You tab works on my Sprint HTC TP2. I am so happy I finally get back my "roam only" option. Thanks a lot. XOXO
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

True_Blue is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Blue View Post
I posted this in the MightyROM6 thread but haven't heard anything. I think this may be related to having installed SwitchRoamMode...
I'm running MightyROM6 using TouchFLO 3D. Normally there are 18 shortcuts (9 per screen) you can assign to a program in the program's tab however recently after installing nueBattery and SwitchRoamMode I removed one of the shortcuts to add SwitchRoamMode to this list. When I did this another (+) was added to the programs tab (making 19) I attempted to assign a program to the 19th tab however no program could be assigned to this shortcut but it created another (+) I did this a couple more times each time it created a new (+) but none of them could be assigned to a program. Now I have a total of 22 shortcuts of which only 18 of them are able to be assigned to a program. How can I remove these excess (+) or at least make them capable of assigning a program to them?

The attached picture depicts the 16th-22nd shortcut; the last 4 can not be assigned to anything.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
I found a solution to the problem with the TouchFLO 3D Programs tab I was having with additional icons. The (+)s can be edited in the registry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLaun cher

There you will normally see 18 numbered folders from 0 to 17. Each one of them corresponds to a slot at the Programs tab, so that 0 will be the first one and 17 the last one. My problem was there were more than 18 folders; creating additional (+)s. I'm not exactly sure why the additional shortcuts where not usable; but deleting the folders greater than 17 fixed the problem.
I assume you can add additional folders to create more shortcut tabs for programs here in the registry but I haven't tried yet. I hope this helps someone.

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ho...rams-tab-items
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2 (sprint)

topgear1224 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Blue View Post
I posted this in the MightyROM6 thread but haven't heard anything. I think this may be related to having installed SwitchRoamMode...
I'm running MightyROM6 using TouchFLO 3D. Normally there are 18 shortcuts (9 per screen) you can assign to a program in the program's tab however recently after installing nueBattery and SwitchRoamMode I removed one of the shortcuts to add SwitchRoamMode to this list. When I did this another (+) was added to the programs tab (making 19) I attempted to assign a program to the 19th tab however no program could be assigned to this shortcut but it created another (+) I did this a couple more times each time it created a new (+) but none of them could be assigned to a program. Now I have a total of 22 shortcuts of which only 18 of them are able to be assigned to a program. How can I remove these excess (+) or at least make them capable of assigning a program to them?

The attached picture depicts the 16th-22nd shortcut; the last 4 can not be assigned to anything.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
where did you get that bat display for your taskbar?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

perry.rush is a n00b

I did the registry edit and it worked!!! wooo hooo!!!!! now if Sprint cancels me - so-be-it, saves me the cancellation fee
Old 12-09-2010, 05:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 6850

travissand is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfire21 View Post
how does force roam help us? is there a benefit im missing?
Sprint has bad signal where I live. Im dropping calls a lot. On automatic mode my phone will rather choose a VERY CRAPPY sprint signal over the verizon 5 bar signal that is available here at my house. I wish I could change my phone so it will automatically pick the roaming tower if the home tower is starting to get week. Sprint tryes so hard to stay connected to its home tower that its givving sprint a bad reputation for having bad reception and dropped calls in much of Hawaii. This bad reputation is not necessary because where sprint fades out verizon is there.
Its not just at home I have this problem its any where sprint signal is week. Here In the Big Island Of Hawaii Verizon has better further reaching signal then sprint in out lying areas. I get none evdo when roaming that some times causes me to change to home only because a crappy evdo signal is faster then a strong none evdo (roam) signal at my house.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

johnep1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Give this attached Switch Roam Mode cab install a try. It works great here on Sprint. Please note that if you roam a lot with Sprint, you may get warned for over use, or possibly even have your service canceled. Also note that it takes a minute for the roaming mode switch to kick in once activated. This is due to your system unloading automatic mode, loading roam only mode, and then searching and locking in on the signal.

Hope this helps,
R
This works great. Thanks for posting it. I'd started getting quite a few dropped calls in my home and this gets me 3-4 bars instead of 0-2 bars.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Be advised that excessive roaming (voice calls, text, and/or data) can and will result in termination of your line by Sprint. The exact limits and enforcement seem to vary, so check your Sprint TOS... but I recall that 80% roaming (minutes) will trip red flags.

So if you do it, do it in moderation. It may also be worth giving CS a call to see what the current company line is.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Be advised that excessive roaming (voice calls, text, and/or data) can and will result in termination of your line by Sprint. The exact limits and enforcement seem to vary, so check your Sprint TOS... but I recall that 80% roaming (minutes) will trip red flags.

So if you do it, do it in moderation. It may also be worth giving CS a call to see what the current company line is.
I was worried about this for a while... ive done excessive roaming, over 80%, almost every month for over a year... during that time I spent more than 80% of my time somewhere there was no sprint coverage @ all. the other 20% while I was home, in my sprint coverage area id force roam. sprint never said anything about roaming.
im on sero 500 fair & flex plan.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I suppose experience is the best teacher, but believe me when I tell you that I will not be pushing the envelope with this on my SERO plan. You sir, have balls.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2