PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Anyone around MASS?

Hey guys/girls,

Just curious if anyone is around South eastern Massachusetts that wants to help me learn how to flash a rom which rom to use and why without bricking my phone haha. I've been doing alot of reading and searching but it seems so overwhelming and so many things that may go wrong or I might miss. Im the kind of guy that looks before I leap, but am extrememly eager to start messing with my phone. I would love to get together over lunch with someone who is pretty effienct to help get me started. Maybe some time on the weekend or evening during the weekdays.

Thanks,
Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Anyone around MASS?

Im from Middletown, Ct. A bit too far away for that but It is a pretty simple process.
The following steps will unlock your device to allow the installation of custom roms. It will not change your current Sprint stock rom, just unlock security.

Steps:
1) download newest RhodiumW Hard-SPL package and extract this to an empty folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!!! the device needs to be connected to Activesync or WMDC via USB cable. and it must not be in Flight/Airplane mode (i.e. the phone part should be on).
3) internet access is required as the program checks online for updates and for the license.
4) run Rhodium-HardSPL.exe on your PC, make sure it's launched from a local drive (not through network drive, etc.). running it on XP requires Admin logon, and Vista/Windows 7 will automatically prompt to allow it to run in Admin mode, so allow it please.
important: if you get an antivirus warning, please ignore it, it contains no harmful code (just used a packer to compress it). if you encounter DEP errors, then add it to the exception list in DEP settings.
5) follow steps as prompted in the Hard-SPL program. if this is the first run of Hard-SPL on a device after hard reset, you must select Automatic flash mode (the first button in Welcome screen).
notes: you should usually go for Automatic flash mode; the Manual flash option is only to be used as noted below - any other errors triggered while running in Autoflash mode will have to be fixed as instructed in the error message.
6) it will ask you to wait while it prepares for the flashing, press OK.
7) now it should go through without any error messages, if one does pop up, then please follow the instructions included in the error text. if no specific instruction is shown, then ask for help in the forums, but this should not ever occur (as this means a really fatal error occurred).
at this point the device did hopefully went to a black screen. this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. then RUU (Rom Update Utility) will instantly launch.
9) some notes: when RUU says it will perform a hard reset and cause data loss, do not worry, it is not going to do this. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
10) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done.
11) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 1.00.OliNex, which is the current Hard-SPL version.

Thread here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Then you can download the rom of your choice. Connect with activesync, run the rom update utility in the rom file you downloaded and follow the on screen instructions.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm in Wolcott but work in Windsor, not too far from the MA line. It's not too hard to do honestly, just read what Hypnotic noted. If you'ev got questions shoot a PM, or we can meet for happy hour!! Hypnotic, set up a happy hour at Harbor Park!!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

haha thats pretty cool there should be tp2 meets lol
Old 03-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ive read enough to know that I need an unlocker. I have a serious reputation of forgetting something simple which causes the entire project to go south haha. Which is the cause of my reluctance. I dont want to have to pay the 100$ for another phone because I did something stupid.

I love to drive! 2 hour trip is no big deal for me.

The drinks will be on me gentlemen or ladies! That extends to anyone interested in helping. haha

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 03-10-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

Hey I'm in Enfield.... Lets set it up!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

richgetsy is becoming a great contributor

Amherst MA, & Windsor CT here.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Is anyone here successfully running an Android ROM on there phone?

I am available Saturday if anyone is interested!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Is anyone here successfully running an Android ROM on there phone?

I am available Saturday if anyone is interested!
Bump!

Anyone available for saturday or sunday?

I wanted to try this over the weekend.

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/EVO 4G
Carrier: The NOW Network!!

LayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good workLayLay is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LayLay

I'm in Lowell Ma. Android is working but with no sound for now.
" for hitting the Button!"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2