PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Question about blocking calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114168)

themuffinman 03-14-2010 11:48 PM

Question about blocking calls

I posted this over in the software section but there isnt as much traffic there so I decided to post here as well. Anyway I have a quick question about magicall or anything similar. I haven't used it in a while but my girlfriend is wanting my assistance on an issue. I know you can block calls and I think text messages but is there a way to block calls from a particular are code all together? All of a sudden she is getting an insane amount of wrong number calls from washington state and she doesn't know anyone at all from there. They are all from the same area code but the last few digits are almost always different. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Oh and changing her number is almost out of the question, she has had that number for years.

vin255764 03-15-2010 01:36 AM

Re: Question about blocking calls

Im looking for this app too.
I know there is app for iphone,but nothing for windows phone

smileyface22 03-15-2010 02:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an app called No Calls. I don't think you can block by zip code but see if its what ya need.

themuffinman 03-15-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyface22 (Post 1630867)
Here's an app called No Calls. I don't think you can block by zip code but see if its what ya need.

Thanks, I will give it a shot

blackmo0n 03-15-2010 12:43 PM

Magicall allows u to block the beginning of numbers....so if u input 800 it will block all 800 numbers.

themuffinman 03-15-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmo0n (Post 1631430)
Magicall allows u to block the beginning of numbers....so if u input 800 it will block all 800 numbers.

Thats awesome, I didn't realize that thanks alot. I will give it a shot

mikewest 03-15-2010 01:22 PM

I see that the poster found what he was looking for, although I would like to point out that the three digit code at the beginning of a phone number is the AREA code. I think this is what he meant. A ZIP code is a five digit number used for addresses.

themuffinman 03-15-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewest (Post 1631526)
I see that the poster found what he was looking for, although I would like to point out that the three digit code at the beginning of a phone number is the AREA code. I think this is what he meant. A ZIP code is a five digit number used for addresses.

LMAO, yeah I mean area code. I had a ruff night last night when I made this thread.

themuffinman 03-15-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmo0n (Post 1631430)

After a few tests, I can't seem to get it work right. I can block a number or a series of numbers but I have to put the whole number in, if I just put the are code the call still comes through.