PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

KHPower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 Verizon data always turning on Automatically?

Im sorry if this has been posted before. i tried searching for my problem and came close but not to the T.

I have a Verizon HTC touch Pro 2 with a unlimited data plan but I have noticed that I have to manually go into my connections tab to turn off the data because it seems like it connects to data automatically way to often. I have my email set to check every 4 hours but it seems every time I look at my phone the data connection is on and I would like to only use the data when needed to save battery life and so forth.

is there any setting or cab like NoData that would help with these automatic data connections and only let the data connection work when I want to browze the web and check my email??

Thanks
Old 12-01-2009, 03:21 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Touch Pro 2 Verizon data always turning on Automatically?

I'd like to know too. I also have unlimited data, but maybe it's draining the battery more? Or traveling/roaming may incur unwanted charges.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KHPower is a n00b

I know that my phone connects to data when transferring and syncing with Microsoft Myphone service round 2 in the morning and of course every 4 hours for email but in my case the data turns on a good 65 % of the time.

I did do a test and let my phone just be for a day and let the data connection stay on and noticed my battery drained pretty quickly.

When I keep my eye on the data connection and turn it off as often as I see the connection the phone does last 2 days.

So if anyone could help it would be much appreciated
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

Push internet disabled? QuickGPS set to automatic download? Weather set to auto update? Location Service Settings... On or off, if on it states "Improve location service by collecting location data at any time when device is in use." All I can really think of at the moment.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its a always on device
Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700, TP2

like_butta is a n00b

Any other 3rd party apps have been installed lately? I had pandora and lastfm cabs installed and thought they were turned off, because task manager didn't show any programs running. However both cabs kept turning on my data connection as I began to retraced my steps.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:00 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I had the same problem, my phone never disconnected. So i turned off automatic weather update and don't use push internet etc. Then I mapped a key to turn off data. So after I use the internet I just push that key, it cuts the data connection and it doesn't come back on unless I use something to access the internet... but there must be a solution that disconnects the internet after some period of time. They have working programs for GSM TP2s, but they jack up CDMA TP2s...

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

gwbaker is a n00b

Mine did the same thing right out of the box. If you have not added much or tweaked much, most likely it is the Microsoft Direct Push. Turn it off and it should stop the problem.

On that note, I would like to use this feature, say every hour or so, and then disconnect the data. Push keeps it on all the dang time. Does anyone know of a solution that checks every hour or so, then disconnects?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KHPower is a n00b
Wink Re: Touch Pro 2 Verizon data always turning on Automatically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwbaker View Post
Mine did the same thing right out of the box. If you have not added much or tweaked much, most likely it is the Microsoft Direct Push. Turn it off and it should stop the problem.

On that note, I would like to use this feature, say every hour or so, and then disconnect the data. Push keeps it on all the dang time. Does anyone know of a solution that checks every hour or so, then disconnects?
Im interested in this also.

Heres the changes I made that were recommended:

1.I have my location setting to 911 only 2. Changed the weather setting to manual (cause every time I go to weather it has to download anyways)

3.On the browser tab I went to data settings and turned off push internet and roaming.
4. my hot key is the comm manager now

Also I have no GPS apps or anything running . My TP2 is pretty stock with only a few apps that dont do anything with internet
Old 12-26-2009, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

legendaryagate is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to legendaryagate

Atleast you guys have your data working on your verizon TP2. I cant even connect to data right out of the box. It says username or pw are incorrect.

EDIT: Went to a verizon store and they fixed the issue

Last edited by legendaryagate; 12-27-2009 at 01:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2