PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 01:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

stevenlinks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
pro 2 for palm pre?

i have 2 touch pro 2. and im thinking of trading one of my brand new touch pro 2 for a palm pre. what do you guys think?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: pro 2 for palm pre?

If you have two, I say: why not? There isn't isnt much need to have two of the same device, might as well play with another OS.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:12 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

stevenlinks is a n00b

what are your thoughts on the pre. have you ever owned one? i wanna know if its worth it at all?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I do own one (along with a few other devices, take a look at my profile). It's a pretty cool device with a very innovative UI. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a "home screen" where you can view a variety of information on one screen, its ALL card view which has its benefits; rapid multitasking as you know. I think if you trade a TP2 for a Pre you should also get some cash b/c the TP2 is a more expensive device.

If I only had one phone, it would be the TP2, but since I have mulitple its cool to play with the different OSes.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

stevenlinks is a n00b

yeah i was thinking the same thing. or selling it. but the person im trading it with dont got cash like that. how is the pre with free apps?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

i own both. Love the OS on the pre(although without cpu speed bumps it can be a little choppy at times) 100x better than WM, BUT the hardware flat out sucks. cant wait for palms new phone this year, hopefully
Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a Pre as well as the TP2. The Pre is awesome OS and a multitasking king. The first advice i will give you is to NOT do an even trade your like new TP2 for a Pre. Right now the like new Pre's sell on Craigslist for 200 to 250 bucks. The like new TP2's sell for a solid 275 to 300 all day. Therefore just sel your extra TP2 and find a good buy on a like new Pre and make sure it's not a refurbished phone unless you don't mind it.
Back to the Pre... The only bad things i can say about it is the battery life is pretty bad, the slider build quality is poor, tiny buttons on keyboard but you get used to it quickly. The app store is growing very fast and there are some nice quality apps. Palm has been very good about getting the updates out in a very timely manner and now the WebOS 1.4 brings full flash support to the already awesome web browser!!! Adobe Flash 10.1!!! Games for the pre are on par with the iPhone if not better actually. I would definetely recommend the Palm Pre especially since you can pick one up fairly cheap nowdays on Craigslist or even on contract through Sprint or Best Buy.

Oh by the way you can theme the Pre to your own liking and it's actually much easier than manila theming with the Touch Pro 2. You can install a developer created app called PreWare and download custom patches,themes,apps, etc... it's really cool.
Post back and let us know what you decided.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 03-14-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:20 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

had the pre for a day, and couldnt stand it. since i have a little bigger fingers, i could not stand the keyboard, way to small and kept mistyping.

the os is pretty neat, but i had constant freezing and it didnt seem to see my screen presses nearly as well as my tp did, and my tp2 does now. i had to press a couple times to get specific movements to work. it might see presses better as time goes on, but i need a phone that works otb. the os itself is pretty inventive, and does take some getting used to as far as where menu options are, but i got the hang of it after a couple minutes.

all in all my issues were the keyboard, just too small...and screen presses were agrivating as some didnt work, or took multiple presses to get noticed..and went to do the over the air update and took nearly an hour, kinda pathetic

yet the UI was really inventive and i liked it a lot...but it was fun to play with for a day

Help Me Help You

Last edited by piranah; 03-14-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

we have one of every o/s on our account and I say that gives me the right to say which I like and dont... personally here are my thoughts..

touch pro 2
awesome screen
feels good to hold
good performance (not the best though)
great pda/smart phone
easy to unlock now

palm pre
takes forever to boot but when does is pretty fast
great interface
sleek looking

but Id take a touch pro 2 over a palm pre.. why? I dunno I just couldnt get used to the keyboard and the screen is smaller. Plus I love windows mobile! and I love the fact that mine is unlocked and can add in tons of stuff.. now if only we had a web o/s rom to play with be fun lol but in the end play with both and decide for yourself.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No way!!

Droidrox39

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2