PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   ebay and my tp2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114125)

MrGoodCat 03-14-2010 01:30 PM

ebay and my tp2

ok so i have never sold a phone on ebay before. i have to sell my tp2, sigh, and i had some questions for people here who have sold phones before.

is it a good idea to leave it unlocked? if so how would i go about telling the buyer? or should i just relock it? and is it able to be unlocked again by the buyer if they wanted to?

thanks for any input

stanglifemike 03-14-2010 01:42 PM

Re: ebay and my tp2

how much do u want for it?

twe90kid 03-14-2010 01:45 PM

leaving it unlock is fine. but if i were you say it's hardspl unlock and not sim unlocked, as they are different things.

also if your willing to do a quick sell, PM me your price and pictures

richc3 03-14-2010 01:56 PM

Selling mine as well, the Telus CDMA version. Often your CDMA version is worth a bit less than the AT&T GSM version.

Personally, I'd AVOID ebay if possible just because of all the transaction fees, (think it's 8% or so) not to mention you can get heavily scammed.

I'd deal locally (cash) or via EMT (Email money transfer) depending on what your country uses. Neither of those can use a "chargeback" feature.

Viper786 03-14-2010 02:06 PM

I sold one of mine and I flashed default sprint rom back on there and re-locked it.. and it ended up selling for 340.. which isn't bad considering it was used.

MrGoodCat 03-14-2010 02:08 PM

thanks guys. sent you a pm stanglifemike and twe90kid.

yeah, i am very hesitant about ebay...when dealing locally are there stores that buy phones at a decent price. i just wouldn't even know where to look to sell...i guess maybe craigslist. well thanks for the input glad i waited to ask before posting on ebay

davidetkin511 03-14-2010 02:53 PM

gazelle.com will pay like $180 for it. You prob. want more but if you cant sell it then I would check it out.

Viper786 03-14-2010 03:27 PM

If you do decide to go through ebay, MAKE 100% SURE that the person that buys it has a CONFIRMED address on Paypal. Also, make sure however you ship, you get a tracking number and delivery confirmation and HOLD ON to them in case the buyer tries to scam you. If they do a chargeback, Paypal will put a hold on those funds and if they have a confirmed address, all you have to do is supply Paypal with the tracking number and delivery confirmation, and the hold will be lifted.

This happened to me once. I've always put in my ebay listings that any buyers that do not have a confirmed address shouldn't bother bidding because I will not honor their winning bid.

So again,
Make sure buyer has a confirmed address on paypal,
Get tracking number and delivery confirmation
Hold onto the receipts!

I printed my shipping label online using UPS so that way i won't lose the tracking info :)

MrGoodCat 03-14-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidetkin511 (Post 1629822)
gazelle.com will pay like $180 for it. You prob. want more but if you cant sell it then I would check it out.

man i wish verizon would do a buy back sorta system, even just credit your account toward another phone. but they'd probably rip ya on it, haha.

that gazelle site seems pretty cool. the big plus is i wouldn't have to worry about anything really, just does their inspection match my description so i get the money the originally quoted. but yeah thank you very much for that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper786 (Post 1629876)
If you do decide to go through ebay, MAKE 100% SURE that the person that buys it has a CONFIRMED address on Paypal. Also, make sure however you ship, you get a tracking number and delivery confirmation and HOLD ON to them in case the buyer tries to scam you. If they do a chargeback, Paypal will put a hold on those funds and if they have a confirmed address, all you have to do is supply Paypal with the tracking number and delivery confirmation, and the hold will be lifted.

This happened to me once. I've always put in my ebay listings that any buyers that do not have a confirmed address shouldn't bother bidding because I will not honor their winning bid.

So again,
Hold onto the receipts!

I printed my shipping label online using UPS so that way i won't lose the tracking info :)

man ebay is startin to spook me. i know its rare that bad things happen but i just hate having that feeling that it could turn into a nightmare. maybe i should just post a listing here on the forums to sell it. however i guess the same kinda problems can happen...

richc3 03-14-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper786 (Post 1629876)

So again,
Hold onto the receipts!

Well you can still lose even if you have delivery confirmation. Essentially the buyer says "item not as described" and that they'll ship the item back.

For all you know, they shipped you a box with a brick in it. You sign for it, they have YOU on file now (confirmation / tracking) and you lose your case with Paypal. Scammer wins.