PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Work Scheduling app

I was wondering if there was an app out there that would help me produce work schedules for my staff. The way we do them on the computer at work, is a week view (Tuesday through monday)... and we can either pick a day - and do line scheduling (Showing the break down of which hours each person would work on that given day with something that resembles a line graph), or we have our week view and have it show each person on our staff and which hours they're scheduled on any given day.

This would help while im out on the road, instead of pen/paper (i have HORRIBLE hand writing). That way when i get back to the office, I can just look at my phone and duplicate the work schedule without having to worry of deciphering if it was a B or an 8.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Work Scheduling app

That sounds like something you could do in excel. Very easy to keep excel updated on both computer and phone!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t
Threadstarter

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
That sounds like something you could do in excel. Very easy to keep excel updated on both computer and phone!
I have been using excel, however I was looking for something to actually simplify it.

For instance, click on an hour block for a specific day - pick a name out of preset names, pick a shift title out of preset titles, and drag "highlight method" to select the amount of hours to assign.

If nothing is available that's fine. Excel is still my friend.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

cozmic is a n00b

i schedule my employees in outlook then sync. set them up as appointments - and label each one a different color - everyone know knows their color so they don't even check for their name now.

the only problem i really have is that i have to manually calculate the hours scheduled (keep everybody less than 40).

once the sched is set, i print to pdf and email the staff so everybody has a copy. if i'm off for the day, i look at the cal on the my phone to see who is working that moment.

i've been doing this for several years - with my apache, tp and now tp2.
since i already had the software and the syncing is painless, it was a nobrainer.

hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2