PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tp2 ram

I just recently received my sprint tp2, running NRG. I noticed the RAM I have free stays at around 60-80 mb while my TP always had 80-95 mb free. What gives? Is the TP2 gimped?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff
Re: Tp2 ram

Your amount of free ram would be directly tied to the ROM you are running.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know, but it seems that across the board all TP2 Roms are heavier. Are there any Lite 2.1 Roms out there. My TP roms were about 132 mb files and TP2 Roms are like 10-20 mbs more.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127
I know, but it seems that across the board all TP2 Roms are heavier. Are there any Lite 2.1 Roms out there. My TP roms were about 132 mb files and TP2 Roms are like 10-20 mbs more.
are you using manila 2.5?try 2.1 either mr.x or mighty rom,both are pretty sweet on the ram.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

You can also lower the Page Pool on the ROM before flashing and that will help free up some more RAM, but yeah, that sounds about right for the NRG Leo ROMS.

LAWL
Old 03-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
You can also lower the Page Pool on the ROM before flashing and that will help free up some more RAM, but yeah, that sounds about right for the NRG Leo ROMS.
Nope, running 2.1. I dont like that 2.5 doesnt truley support landscape. I flashed like 5 ROMS and found them all to be very heavy. And I am also surprised at the amount of ROMS around, not too many given how long the TP2 has been out for
Old 03-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Nope, running 2.1. I dont like that 2.5 doesnt truley support landscape. I flashed like 5 ROMS and found them all to be very heavy. And I am also surprised at the amount of ROMS around, not too many given how long the TP2 has been out for

Not too many light ROMs either. I hear Mr. X is great on RAM usage, or maybe get Calkins (SP?) kitchen and try cooking your own light ROM (it really is much easier than it sounds).

The suggestion to lower the PP still applies however, you can do that with any ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
Not too many light ROMs either. I hear Mr. X is great on RAM usage, or maybe get Calkins (SP?) kitchen and try cooking your own light ROM (it really is much easier than it sounds).

The suggestion to lower the PP still applies however, you can do that with any ROM.
I'll try it. What are you running?
Old 03-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Yea i tried running clean roms with just titanium and all the tp2 roms use more ram then the tp roms... it could be the pagepool tho bc they're mostly set to 0 for the tp2 roms whereas the tp it was set to around 16
Old 03-13-2010, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post

yes that would be a good choice dling a kitchen and making own rom,i made one using sprint basics ram was very good..im running mr.x 2.5 it is very stable and i havent ran out of ram a single time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2