PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for your recommandations Re:Roms

Oh no, not another "which is the best rom" thread. Don't worry, it isn't.

I am looking for a ROM which is just BARE 6.5
Don't ask why, don't tell me about 6.5.3

Which ROM (DCD Style or Project Cooper for some of you) has just the core 6.5. nothing more, nothing less. No manila, no fancy HTC stuff, nothing. Just WinMo 6.5.

Stable please.

Why? for updating. I want to be able to install my cabs, update them, not have manila taking space, get the full ms experience.

thanks!
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:23 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Looking for your recommandations Re:Roms

in the android section, there is a couple barebone roms (used 4 andriod) maybe you might be interested?? not sure if the files 4 andriod are pre installed (havent checked) but if they arent then maybe thats sumthing you may like. i dunno if its stable or not, but just a suggestion.

gud luck

edit: i just took a look at the 2 aval. roms in that section...and both seem to have andriod files in rom. so maybe you might not like...sorry

Last edited by kjhadfield; 03-15-2010 at 12:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
in the android section, there is a couple barebone roms (used 4 andriod) maybe you might be interested?? not sure if the files 4 andriod are pre installed (havent checked) but if they arent then maybe thats sumthing you may like. i dunno if its stable or not, but just a suggestion.

gud luck

edit: i just took a look at the 2 aval. roms in that section...and both seem to have andriod files in rom. so maybe you might not like...sorry
Thanks for looking...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

seems like jd's clean rom is what you are looking for.

Heres the thread
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
seems like jd's clean rom is what you are looking for.

Heres the thread
I didn't know JD was making for TP2.
yes, that is what i am looking for, I think.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
I didn't know JD was making for TP2.
yes, that is what i am looking for, I think.
i tried it last night just to test some things out, trust me its just winmo, nothing added, very very fast
Old 03-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i tried it last night just to test some things out, trust me its just winmo, nothing added, very very fast
Does it have the HTC dialer? I read through the thread and it seems like its included?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Does it have the HTC dialer? I read through the thread and it seems like its included?
honestly not positive if it does. like i said i just ran it to test a couple of projects ive been working on never went to the dialer so i cant say for sure
Old 03-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

2 that i know of:
malROM has titanium only in both 6.5 and 6.5.3
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102276
indagroove's sprint titanium only 6.5 (not sure if you can provision it for verizon)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100304

Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

also, it is not hard to cook your own, just a few sleepless nights to figure out the kitchen. i've gone the do it yourself route. you can add your own cabs to the kitchen and only put in what you want.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2