PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would someone explain the different 6.5 branches?

I haven't found answers to this in a search, but if there is a post explaining this please point me in the right direction.

There are three current branches of WM that I know of.
The first is the 21xxx branch, which I assume is windows 6.5

Then there is the 23xxx and 28xxx branch. I assume these are both 6.5.x versions, is one 6.5.3 and one is 6.5.5? Do both have the taskbar at the bottom? What are the differences between the two?

I've read they are different development teams at Microsoft for these branches ....is that right?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Would someone explain the different 6.5 branches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I haven't found answers to this in a search, but if there is a post explaining this please point me in the right direction.

There are three current branches of WM that I know of.
The first is the 21xxx branch, which I assume is windows 6.5

Then there is the 23xxx and 28xxx branch. I assume these are both 6.5.x versions, is one 6.5.3 and one is 6.5.5? Do both have the taskbar at the bottom? What are the differences between the two?

I've read they are different development teams at Microsoft for these branches ....is that right?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Umm.. you just pretty much asked and answered your own question.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Would someone explain the different 6.5 branches?

6.5.5 is the one that is "finger friendly". That one has the 2 large buttons on the bottom that would require only a finger tip. These are the newest builds.

And to quote Mr. NRG:

Build that's the latest in the 6.5.5 series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds are not as stable or perfect, but they reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2