PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh
Re: Tp2 ram

ROM: Energy.RHOD500.23542.Leo_(Cookie_HomeTab_1.5.4).Ma r.05

I usually have between 60-90MB free, which is fine with me.

LAWL
Old 03-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network
Threadstarter

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

yes that would be a good choice dling a kitchen and making own rom,i made one using sprint basics ram was very good..im running mr.x 2.5 it is very stable and i havent ran out of ram a single time.
Im too scurrred guys. I trust a pro, not myself! :P
Old 03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

if you want RAM...try Barenaked Rom...if you want pretty NRG Leos..if you want in between Mr. X 2.5, 2.1 Roms, or Mighty Rom 2.5, 2.1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Im too scurrred guys. I trust a pro, not myself! :P
Just dload the kitchen, load it up on your PC and take a look around at it, you'll see it's not scary, and well, if you get intimidated with it, no hard done!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
Yea i tried running clean roms with just titanium and all the tp2 roms use more ram then the tp roms... it could be the pagepool tho bc they're mostly set to 0 for the tp2 roms whereas the tp it was set to around 16
0 means dynamic pagepool. In my experience with Calk's latest kitchen, 0 is equivalent to a manual setting of 26 to 30MB pagepool (which is quite large). So, 0 most definitely doesn't mean 0.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Check out the link in my sig for a full comparison of the available RAM, ROM, and benchmarks of many of the most popular ROMs hosted on this site. I am also running some benchmark test now with a single ROM with various PP settings and the amount of RAM saved when changing the PP isn't very drastic, I will post those results soon.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A fairly lean build (not a lot of apps, but Manila 2.5) with Calk's latest, and a pagepool of 10 gives me about 99MB free program memory after a flash. (A dynamic pagepool gives me about 81, and a 20 PP gives me 88 free). RAM savings are generally directly proportional to the size of the pagepool.

Remember that cache and temp files accumulate and need to be cleaned, so don't expect that 99 to necessarily stay at 99 after a soft reset.

Last edited by willysp; 03-13-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i cooked a rom in the ssk kitchen a while back. ran titanium with the standard winmo dialer (uncheck phonecanvas), unchecked pushinternet and resourceproxy. i booted up at 120mb free. with light use throughout the week it would climb to around 100mb free. so if you can live without manila and the htc dialer skin you'll be happy with a speedy phone
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Stock ROM with push internet disabled and ResProxy at 0 gives about 118MB free at boot, and that's WITH 2.1 enabled
Old 03-13-2010, 11:22 PM
A Geek For Eons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
i cooked a rom in the ssk kitchen a while back. ran titanium with the standard winmo dialer (uncheck phonecanvas), unchecked pushinternet and resourceproxy. i booted up at 120mb free. with light use throughout the week it would climb to around 100mb free. so if you can live without manila and the htc dialer skin you'll be happy with a speedy phone
Yep - Manila takes 20 to 30MB. Manila and Opera compete for the most memory intensive apps I've ever seen given the small environment in which they run!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2