PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HSPL Unlocker Won't Run (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114013)

g00s3y 03-13-2010 02:16 PM

HSPL Unlocker Won't Run

Ok I flashed my phone back to stock as I had to take my phone in and thought i was getting it replaced. Long story short I didn't. I am not back trying to re-unlock it and NOTHING is working for me at all. I went to run the HSPL and got the message that there was a newer version. I downloaded that and windows is telling me I cannot run the program. Its as if it was only "half-downloaded" or whatnot. I have re downloaded it 3 TIMES and still i keep getting "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Windows 7 x64, unlocked on same OS before no probs, yes ive run as admin and all. Im a pc geek i know my stuff, but this has got me completely confused and im ready to punch something soon unless i can get this to work... please help...

navymarvin 03-13-2010 02:45 PM

Re: HSPL Unlocker Won't Run

Quote:

Originally Posted by g00s3y (Post 1627608)
Ok I flashed my phone back to stock as I had to take my phone in and thought i was getting it replaced. Long story short I didn't. I am not back trying to re-unlock it and NOTHING is working for me at all. I went to run the HSPL and got the message that there was a newer version. I downloaded that and windows is telling me I cannot run the program. Its as if it was only "half-downloaded" or whatnot. I have re downloaded it 3 TIMES and still i keep getting "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Windows 7 x64, unlocked on same OS before no probs, yes ive run as admin and all. Im a pc geek i know my stuff, but this has got me completely confused and im ready to punch something soon unless i can get this to work... please help...

i just had a problem similar to this i had to shut down all of my windows security software in order to use the new unlocker. i didnt know there was a new unlocker either by the way but i do now after that problem

g00s3y 03-13-2010 03:11 PM

Re: HSPL Unlocker Won't Run

Quote:

Originally Posted by navymarvin (Post 1627687)
i just had a problem similar to this i had to shut down all of my windows security software in order to use the new unlocker. i didnt know there was a new unlocker either by the way but i do now after that problem

just tried that but still get that same message... thanks for the suggestion though. The R2 version of the unlocker opened up fine and all, but told me I HAD to use the new one. But this new one will not no matter what i try... being on the stock VZW 2.1 is a big step back from mike's 2.5 and deck's 2.5 roms... :( - at least to me... hopefully someone will have an answer, i don't want to have to get used to not having a twitter tab, and everything else that 2.5 has the 2.1 doesn't. Especially the home shortcuts and all. Those are the 2 main reasons I LOVE 2.5 much much more than 2.1...

EDIT: Got it working by disabling all security. BUT had to keep disabling AVG as it kept restarting and try to run the HSPL at the same time as disabling AVG.. took about 10 mins but I finally got it unlocked again. thanks once again...