PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TMobile HD2 ... carrier thoughts?

Hi!

I was talking to a TMobile rep yesterday about the HD2 coming out next week. Evidently Sprint broke contract by changing something on us and we can break our contract with Sprint for free. Obviously they aren't going to tell anyone they don't have to, but curious if anybody else has done this. The rep has helped several get out of their contracts.

I have a few questions:

1) For those of you on TMobile, how is the service compared to others you have been on? Happy with what you have?

2) Would you leave your current carrier to goto TMobile for the HD2?

3) I am currently on Sprint and have always been on a CDMA carrier. I've always had horrible Internet speeds but wasn't sure if it was phone speed or actually bandwidth issues. My TP2 was crawling next to the Nexus One with the faster processor. Again, not sure if it's processor or bandwidth as an issue. So, has anybody left or come back to Sprint/Verizon from TMobile, what are your thoughts?

EDIT*** 4) I use Google Voice. Can I include it as a number to call for free on either a contract or non contract plan?

I am seriously contemplating leaving Sprint for TMobile for the $10 higher plan to be able to get the HD2. They had a demo model they showed me and the size and thinness of the phone is extremely tempting.

According to the rep, the deadline for the Sprint contract break is March 19th. Not sure on that, but haven't been able to find any info yet. From what I understand the TMobile is a month-to-month, so I could actually go somewhere else if it really wasn't what I wanted with no risk.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by zim2323; 03-13-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:51 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: TMobile HD2 ... carrier thoughts?

I have worked for Sprint and T-Mobile so I have had both services. The network speeds are the same when it comes to being in 3g coverage. Call clarity is usually better on cdma than gsm due to using a higher frequency band. You could do no contract with tmobile and buy the phone for $450 or do a contract option and get it for $150.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

been with sprint 13yrs and im not under contract now and just yesterday i too played with the hd2 and im loving the thing and loving the no htd kb since i never use it. i will be leaving sprint for the hd2 and getting it free from tmo mainly cause they love to pull a sprint customer of my standing(there words) to there ship. so talked to sprint about my tmo trip now there gonna give me 270$ off any phone with 1yr contract but they got nothing i want and tmo unlim. data/text and 500 anytime min. is only 10$ more, im really close to jumping ship and each day i see a hd2 picture im getting closer.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

i m not sure where you live but i have been in every state from CT to NC and in most states the data coverage was good enough to stream tv to my phone. i knw that t mobile has alot less 3g coverage than sprint but if you already have slow speeds then you have nothing to lose so i would say go for it.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I live in a metropolitan city and I left for the nexus one. T-Mobile service is great in the city but If you live in a rural area you're f*****. I definitely plan on getting the HD2 as well but I don't even pick up my sprint phone anymore.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

I just realize that we have T-Mobile 3G in out area. I am getting tempted now to do the same because I really don't travel much right now outside of my area so I would be set with coverage. The only problem I have is that we have 5 phones on our plan and we have all upgraded since November so that would be ridiculous to end all of those contracts at 4200-$300 a piece. I really would love to have the ability to talk and surf at the same time without needing to be in Wi-Fi as well. I know that I would be able to get the phone for next to nothing and that I would be able to sell my TP2 for at least $300 to cover my ETF with Verizon, however I don't think the rest of the family would want to switch carriers again. I really hate having nice phones come out on other carriers because it always tempts me to want to switch. I have literary went from Nextel/ Sprint - Cingular - Verizon - T-Mobile - Alltel - and now back with Verizon thanks to Merger. I wouldn't mind switching basically because Verizon has been Screwing us lately with $500 bills and were not going over so I am really frustrated with them lately.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Im considering getting the HD2 as a second device as TMo service in RI is slower than Sprint. If I do I will get the month to month data only as I would not need the phone service. Sprint is supposedly getting the Supersonic which is the HD2 w/Android (Same Specs) and Im due for an upgrade in Oct. So I can play with the HD2 until then and then have the Supersonice as well.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:45 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I was with tmobile for a long time. They have the best customer service I've ever had to deal with.

Unfortunately for me, their 3G coverage is very sparse where I live and Sprint beats them. Also, it's $10 cheaper a month with Sprint, and I've got stealth tethering (something I use a lot.)

Trust me when I say though, I desperately miss TMobile all because of how they treated me.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I was with tmobile for a long time. They have the best customer service I've ever had to deal with.

Unfortunately for me, their 3G coverage is very sparse where I live and Sprint beats them. Also, it's $10 cheaper a month with Sprint, and I've got stealth tethering (something I use a lot.)

Trust me when I say though, I desperately miss TMobile all because of how they treated me.
I have stealth tethering on the Nexus one. Are you saying stealth tethering doesn't work with winmo on T-Mobile.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:00 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I have stealth tethering on the Nexus one. Are you saying stealth tethering doesn't work with winmo on T-Mobile.
I'm saying I didn't know it was possible on tmobile. If it's possible in android, it should be possible in WM.

That's a decision changer for me actually. If we can get a clear answer on this, then it definitely will have me considering Tmobile a bit more.

I had no idea android could even do stealth tethering. Android is looking better to me every day!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2