PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: TMobile HD2 ... carrier thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I'm saying I didn't know it was possible on tmobile. If it's possible in android, it should be possible in WM.

That's a decision changer for me actually. If we can get a clear answer on this, then it definitely will have me considering Tmobile a bit more.

I had no idea android could even do stealth tethering. Android is looking better to me every day!
Yeah USB tethering you can do right out of the box by downloading PDA net app but for wifi tethering you have to root your phone which is prey much unlocking your phone, giving you root access to the phones system.

I'm pretty sure with custom roms stealth tethering is possible. I wish dragon2 would see this thread, he has a tp2.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

it works on the tmo tp2 so i imagine it would for the hd2.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

What about the contract break with no fee? Anybody heard of or used this yet?

It had something to do with Sprint changing their overage rate from .79 to .99. TMobile guy swears this is possible and says he's helped several people break Sprint contract so far. Anybody else done this yet?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
What about the contract break with no fee? Anybody heard of or used this yet?

It had something to do with Sprint changing their overage rate from .79 to .99. TMobile guy swears this is possible and says he's helped several people break Sprint contract so far. Anybody else done this yet?
this change occured in December and should reflect your bill on january. you have 30 days to respond to this. after that i don't think u can get rid of your plan without ETF.

slickdeals has details of this

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-13-2010, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

s2k-rob is a n00b

yeap Ive been with sprint 6yrs but im deff jumping over to the hd2 !
Old 03-13-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work

I too am considering making this move. But being a previous t-mobile customer I know that they rarely get a phone I really like. I'm scared to switch for this one phone and when win phone 7 is released, or android 2.1 with flash 10.1, or whatever is hot, sprint and verizon always seem to get the phones I really like (although you can use any unlocked phone on t-mo). I hated t-mobile's data at the time. Looks like they have 3g in my area now. Idk. Guess I'm confused, lol! I really love what I've seen so far of the hd2.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

would like to jump ship...but wary of tmobile. i was with them before for a while...until they bent me over and pretty much just said i can't do anything but to take it...LOL. so with the change they imposed, i told them it was breaking the contract with me. they told me that i can leave without the ETF so i jumped to sprint. next thing i know, a few years later...im getting collections letter saying i didn't pay my tmo bill. when i called collections, they said it was for the ETF amount. im still trying to get this worked out. *sigh*

but the hd2...man on man. that's like a chocolate covered victoria's secret model...LOL. but like i said....not too happy how tmo burned me. plus, around my area, coverage is not as good as sprint. decisions...decisions. maybe i can just buy it out right and take it to the philippines with me when i go next month.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:42 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you guys are lucky, i don't have the ablity to swap since i'm on sprint til dec. also got sero plan and no carrier seem to be able to beat SERO. plus i don't have to worry about tethering since i do that like every other day
Old 03-13-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
you guys are lucky, i don't have the ablity to swap since i'm on sprint til dec. also got sero plan and no carrier seem to be able to beat SERO. plus i don't have to worry about tethering since i do that like every other day
I just renewed with sprint in dec, so I have 2 more years. Not really worried about that because I could sell my tp2 on ebay to cover my loss. It's in a case with screen protector for just that reason. Looks brand new. But you're right about the plans in general. I use any mobile, any time for $69.99 + $7 for insurance. And I get a discount through my employer so my bill is really cheap.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

better yet buy one get one free on the hd2.
http://www.tmonews.com/2010/03/doubl...ouble-the-fun/
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2