PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114002)

slipstreamv2 03-13-2010 01:25 PM

Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

Ok, I've been searching all over, have a few contenders and wanted thoughts from people who have actually purchased these cases (other please feel free to contribute :)). I definitely don't want the old-style silicone cases that are thick (adds too much bulk) and jellylike (only because I bought an ebay one for my Treo 700p and it attracted lint like crazy). I feel like the Invisishield would protect from scratches and scuffs, but not from a drop (please correct me if wrong), which is my mail reason for the case.

What I'd like in a case:
- protection from drops
- relatively thin, depending on cost
- access to buttons and all of screen unobstructed
- no issues with keyboard or sliding
- good balance between thickness and protection

1. Seido Innocase. $33 shipped. Also avail on ebay from a auth. reseller (not personally verified yet) for $28. Though for the $5 diff, I might buy direct from seido, I hear they have great customer service. Great reviews, extremely thin (1mm?). Only problem is I'm a tinkerer and in this post someone mentions that if you take the case on and off too many times, the tabs will break off. If I can find a decent case for $10 that will do they same, I'd rather buy and go through 3 of them.

2. Soft Silicone case (CDMA). Sold by e-story on ebay. $12. In this thread, tvandyck7 recommended it, except that when he purchased, it was only avail. for GSM models, which fit loose on his CDMA phone. Another thread with positive reviews. Maybe this will provide shock protection of rubber while maintaining relative thinness of hard cases?

3. Rubberized hard case. Sold by gizmoready on ebay. $9. Hard plastic with rubberized coating. In this post, sbrown2680 gives a good review, says it fits perfectly with no obstructions and no rear belt clip "bump". He seems to compare with seido case, but I can't tell from his or ebay description whether it allows the keyboard to slide.

At this point, I'll leaning towards #2. Anyone have any thoughts their choice between these (or other better ones)? If anyone has tried both the Seido on and #2 ebay one, I'd love to hear from them.

Thanks.

touch_rules 03-13-2010 01:48 PM

Re: Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

Boxwave, by far the best case I have found for my Sprint TP2

http://www.boxwave.com/products/prae...-case_3687.htm

Oditius 03-13-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipstreamv2 (Post 1627495)

1. Seido Innocase. $33 shipped. Also avail on ebay from a auth. reseller (not personally verified yet) for $28. Though for the $5 diff, I might buy direct from seido, I hear they have great customer service. Great reviews, extremely thin (1mm?). Only problem is I'm a tinkerer and in this post someone mentions that if you take the case on and off too many times, the tabs will break off. If I can find a decent case for $10 that will do they same, I'd rather buy and go through 3 of them.

Thanks.

You might try Amazon for this. I ordered one, but have to wait for it to ship.

jmorton10 03-13-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipstreamv2 (Post 1627495)

1. Seido Innocase. $33 shipped. Also avail on ebay from a auth. reseller (not personally verified yet) for $28. Though for the $5 diff, I might buy direct from seido, I hear they have great customer service. Great reviews, extremely thin (1mm?). Only problem is I'm a tinkerer and in this post someone mentions that if you take the case on and off too many times, the tabs will break off..

I had that exact problem with two different Seidio Innocase's & they refused to replace the case for me.

~John

mac68 03-13-2010 05:40 PM

I've been using Seidio products for a while and I'm a pretty big fan. Just got the innocase for my new TP2 a couple of days ago and I'm pretty happy. I got it budled with the spring belt clip. Can't comment on tabs breaking of course. And if you decide quickly and order direct, they have $3.17 shipping until St. Patrick's day. They also have an unpublished discount of $5 for orders over $50 or $10 orders over $75, using codes PAT5 and PAT10 respectively. (and no I do not work for Seidio!)

Mightymike314 03-13-2010 06:18 PM

try www.thinktouchpro2.com I just ordered some from there for 12.99. they seem to have a good selection. just a thought

TweetyBear 03-13-2010 07:16 PM

#2 is what i have and in grey too. it's awesome. very nice for 13 bucks. it's the same as the boxwave one. so if u decide on it, u have 2 choices. buy from boxwave for 20 bucks plus s+h or from ebay for 13 and wait til longer. it's only 2 weeks approx. got mine in less than 2 weeks. well worth the wait for me.

Rager02 03-13-2010 07:23 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

i boight the sedio innocase off of amazon.com i was a bit hesitant since i read a part broke off when removing causing it not to snap in place..i remove the case about 2-3 times a day swapping batteries and i have had no problem.Im always careful with my things.

sunNsnow 03-13-2010 09:24 PM

The Seidio case clips do wear out: I've had it since December and the clips wore off. This after trying many ROMs and resetting the phone too many times to count.

Oditius 03-13-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunNsnow (Post 1628471)
The Seidio case clips do wear out: I've had it since December and the clips wore off. This after trying many ROMs and resetting the phone too many times to count.

](*,) That was a DUMB place to put a reset button. But you can drill small hole where reset buttin is. That will stop from removing the cover to reset. There is also program called ShutXP that lets you reset the phone by holding in the power button. (It's located in the favorite cab thread.) :headbang: