PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mofo2713 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

I went with #2...the soft silicone case...It is awesome!! No tabs on it will break as the are all flexible but they stay in place. Full functionality on the sliding keyboard too. Great post thanks!!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

#2 has no competition here...period. price, fit, profile. Superior in all aspects. Takes appx . 10-14 BUSINESS days to receive from ebay seller, but I have ordered a few for different people besides myself. Boxwave has one or 2 more colors and I am unsure how long the wait but basically it just looks like a decision of about a dollar a day less for the wait time on getting a Boxwave . I have had the snap on rubberized ones, the carbon fiber look one someone had here, and the nice Body Glove which all break tabs or the tops do not fit just right, Do not waste your time looking all around . # 2 is the best one out there all things considered, unless you prefer a holster pouch type.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mofo2713 is just getting started

I bought mine from eBay and got in it 5 business days!
Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

BK111968 is just getting started

Well, I can comment on the Seidio case. I ordered mine on November 6th 2009 and yesterday the last clip that would actually hold the case broke (makes that the third clip that broke in 5 mos since the other two at the top broke off earlier).

I'm looking now at a silicone that will fit in the Seidio holster instead of spending another 30.00 for something that will break in 5 more months.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

bigrel22 is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules
Boxwave, by far the best case I have found for my Sprint TP2

http://www.boxwave.com/products/prae...-case_3687.htm
The boxwave case sucks. Mine cracked within two weeks without me dropping it
Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

get a body glove, but do like i do and carry a bic pen with the cap. use the cap of the pen to pry the taps from the phone; no scratches and no broken tabs!
the BG is high quality (I have one), but the thing is HUGE. It has to be a good 30% bigger than the Seidio case.

~John
Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DillPickle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrel22 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

The boxwave case sucks. Mine cracked within two weeks without me dropping it
Care to specify as to which case you're referring to? Boxwave has a bunch of cases for the TP2 and the one in the link takes you to the Praetorian rubberized case. So how can this one break?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

bigrel22 is just getting started

Right sorry about that. i was talking about the hard rubberized case. i would like the slip on one but the design is a lil gay and its a lil pricey
Old 04-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2

absoluteapp is a n00b

I got the seidio innocase holster combo and the #2 from ebay to see which I would like better and I have to say I like the seidio much more and the reasons being are: the case fits perfectly (almost as it was made by HTC themselves) it is very thin so no added bulk and finished design is much better quality. As far as # 2 you get what you pay for, a nice soft silicone case that most likely will last a long time as the tabs that hold it in place are very flexible, but the overall design is inferior to the seidio, # 2 is a bit bulkier which is very noticable because I actually received the seidio a few days before the # 2 and when I swapped to the # 2 I can immediately tell the difference in bulk. I have also notice that # 2 when using the keyboard the flexible tab that holds the bottom cover on kinda gets in the way of the bottom row of buttons.
I have decided to keep both cases being that the seidio has been noted to crack over time and also to change it up when I want a different look. I have also noticed that # 2 will fit the seidio holster which is great to know for those who want the silcone skin with the ability to have it in a good quality holster.

I have also tried # 3 with a swivel belt clip and again you get what you pay for, bulkiness, inferior fit, screen faces outward and the top cover would always pop off when I bumped it into something or when I dropped it, (kinda defeats purpose, right) so I would stay away from #3.

Well hope this helps.

Last edited by absoluteapp; 04-14-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Add more info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BullyDawg is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

For my VzW TP2, I got #2, the soft silicone case (in gray) available on eBay from "e-story." (HERE is a link to a clear version currently for sale).

I give this case a big thumbs up. Looks great, fits great, no problem with slide. Price is right, too.

I previously tried #3, the eBay hard rubberized case, as well as the CDMA Body Glove. #2 is my favorite of all. Fits snug and low profile like #3, so it will fit in a leather holster if you want. Has a nice "grippy" feel to it like the Body Glove, so it stays put in your hand or on the car console or armrest. The soft wrap-around tabs run the length of the sides (for the bottom piece) and the width of the top and bottom (for the face piece), so no problems with tiny tabs breaking off. Also, the silicone tabs give the phone an interesting and more substantial feel when sliding it open, but without the dangerous extra separation that occurred with the Body Glove.

The gray color is great for the VzW TP2, which is already gray and black in color. The color of the silicone is opaque, so that it takes on the color of the device, only darker. No fingerprint issues like I had with the #3.

All in all, I'd recommend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg silicone1.jpg (252.7 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg silicone2.jpg (164.1 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg silicone3.jpg (142.3 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by BullyDawg; 04-27-2010 at 05:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2