PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Best settings for Advanced Config Tool 3.3?

Hi guys this is my first noob post, I've been looking for the best performance settings on advanced configuration tools 3.3 and yes I've searched the threads and Google (and i know Google is my friend) but i haven't been able to find recommended settings for my Sprint TP2. I have been using the ones from my TP but i get some lag in menus like email menu if i scroll it lags to scroll through. Also if u guys got registry performance changes let me know. This are the settings i currently got on my A.C.T. 3.3:

File system cache; Enabled
File system cache size; 8mb
File system filter cache; 131072 sectors
BTW what do this do? PNP unload delay and PNP wait I/O delay
Glyph cache; 128kb

Thanks to everyone that helps with this !
Old 03-13-2010, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor
Re: Best settings for Advanced Config Tool 3.3?

maybe advanced config is for gsm only?

sprint is cmda...

you might want to learn how to google..

beers
Old 03-13-2010, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Actually I always use the program when I flash new ROM's to change allot of settings and it is actually built into Energy ROM's
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

swoope has it mostly right. Unless they rewrote it, Adv config is a GSM program. It can be used on CDMA devices with care. Whatever you do, don't press the defaults button. It will rewrite several data registries with GSM versions, and you will start having problems answering your phone.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i'll have to look later, cause i know i've had it on my last 2 sprint phones and it didn't cause any problems....

Old 03-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

You can adjust MOST settings as long as you know what the defaults for your CDMA phone are. DO not mess with any radio settings like data timeouts/disconnects, etc. Yes, it was designed around a GSM phone, but some of the settings are universal.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

It works fine on my Sprint TP2. As with any application, backup first then play and keep a record of changes you make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post

sprint is cmda...

beers
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
It works fine on my Sprint TP2. As with any application, backup first then play and keep a record of changes you make.
The thing about advanced config is that when you set it to defaults it makes registry changes in the data section that cause your phone to lock up or get sluggish when it rings. Uninstalling Advanced config doesn't fix this, you have to go in and manually edit the registry (or restore it from a backup). to fix this. There is a cab to fix this if you hit default. If you read through this post you will find much more info.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87228

I wish that either someone would write a CDMA version of this program or they would add a big warning on it that it can trash your CDMA phones registry settings.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post

sprint is cmda...

beers
mmmm you are a bigger noob then me, that's why I'm asking only for performance settings, the changes on the registry affecting cache sizes has nothing to damage whether the phone is cdma of gsm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
You are right i used it on my TP as well and never had any problems I changed most settings from bluetooth, internet, task manager, etc.

It doesn't have to be through Advanced config necessarily if you guys got any registry tweaks or other software let me know all i want is better performance regardless of battery life (I can charge it at home, in my car or at my pc at work). And thank you guys for all of your replies !=D>
Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Are you on the stock ROM? If you are ready to edit all those items you may also be ready to flash a new rom. Some of the cooked roms perform way better than stock and have become quite stable. Be sure to read all the stickies in the CDMA Upgrade section about unlocking and flashing, then go for it. For a first ROM I'd recommend "MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.1║ ║WP 6.5║" Rock solid stable, performs much better than stock, and you get all the 6.5 goodness.

Careful though, Rom flashing is addictive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
advanced, cache, config, configuration, schapman