PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
facebook wont autoupdate

I know yall are probably tired of me and this facebook thing. So here is my next task. Does anyone running 2.5 actually have Facebook autoupdating? I have to go into updates and events and manually update all my facebook statuses and pictures. I figured out my facebook as caller ID picture issue. It was the dialer. Now Im just wondering if anyone has a autoupdate Facebook that actually autoupdates. Im using Mr X 2.5 ROM and I have to manually update my facebook. I even tried to set autoupdating in the registry to 1 instead of 0 but after a soft reset it just reverts back to 0. Even if I set it to 1 and then update manually it will revert back to 0. Any Ideas anyone? Suggestions? If you are running a 2.5 or if you are running Mr. X specifically I would like to know if you are able to autoupdate your facebook. If you guys can cause you are so nice go into your registry to HKCU-SOFTWARE-HTC-PEOPLE and set your FBUpdating to 1 and soft reset and check and see if it sticks or if it goes back to 0 would be very helpful. I just want to know if its just me or if its maybe something I installed that is not allowing me to autoupdate or what. Thanks in advance. I always thank everyone who replys in my threads with suggestions or opinions.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: facebook wont autoupdate

lol, man i feel for ya bro. ive seen you im mighty thread, juggs thread and now this one, hope you get it. mine works fine on juggs rom. jk
never used it or tried it. goodluck though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Haha yeah man thanks for the luck. Obviously Im going to need it. Dont know why its such a task to get it working properly. I think Ill get it eventually.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Aukutsutsu is just getting started

I am also having this issue? Did you ever figure it out?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm on EnergyRom and my auto updates work fine. I know this is pretty obvious but did you go into all people-updates and events- settings menu, and then check the box that says download data automatically? It's always worked perfectly on EnergyRom ever since i had my TP1. Maybe it's just a problem that the rom chef has to fix.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 AM
N00b

Yeah I have those checked. I have the problem the OP mentions about HKCU\SOFTWARE\HTC\PEOPLE\FBUpdating resetting to zero, however I found a key in HKCU\SOFTWARE\HTC\PEOPLE\OwnerInfo called FBAutoUpdate that was set to 0 and I changed it to 1 and that one did stick. I'll see if it works within 2 hours...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aukutsutsu View Post
Yeah I have those checked. I have the problem the OP mentions about HKCU\SOFTWARE\HTC\PEOPLE\FBUpdating resetting to zero, however I found a key in HKCU\SOFTWARE\HTC\PEOPLE\OwnerInfo called FBAutoUpdate that was set to 0 and I changed it to 1 and that one did stick. I'll see if it works within 2 hours...
aukutsutsu

did it work, changing the autoupdate in the owner folder? I changed mine in the owner folder as i'm having the same issue with OP, changing it to 1 then restart it goes back to 0. Will see what happens in a hour half.

Using a custom rom built from Calkulin's kitchen.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:03 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuuuuts View Post
aukutsutsu

did it work, changing the autoupdate in the owner folder? I changed mine in the owner folder as i'm having the same issue with OP, changing it to 1 then restart it goes back to 0. Will see what happens in a hour half.

Using a custom rom built from Calkulin's kitchen.
It did not work... =/ That was my last guess unless anybody else figures it out. The custom rom I am using is built from Calkulin's Kitchen as well... wonder if that has anything to do with it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2