PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bryanbreezy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for this app.

I was watching this crime show The First 48 and there was a detective that had a mogul and he had this app on it where he could look up people by name or license plate number. Does anybody know what it could have been and how to get it? price dosent matter.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Looking for this app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbreezy View Post
I was watching this crime show The First 48 and there was a detective that had a mogul and he had this app on it where he could look up people by name or license plate number. Does anybody know what it could have been and how to get it? price dosent matter.
become a cop, sounds like some gov. software. pm one of our cops onsite, theres enough.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Anyone seen Geekcop no such software, lic plates ...that is some DMV /police isht...nomsayin
Old 03-13-2010, 08:54 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Anyone seen Geekcop no such software, lic plates ...that is some DMV /police isht...nomsayin
lol, never see him anymore and he was always in intro forum. i do think ops sol on the app. though.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

it was probably accurint mobile. and no, you cant get it.

http://www.accurint.com/news/news_7_19_2004.html
Old 03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Sunshine is just getting started

A lot of police and sheriff's departments use a unified records management system that allows them access to confidential databases, internal, and external, including NCIC and state DMV records. These are accessed via a VPN client for authentication of the user. So..the short answer is, sorry, unless you are part of an authorized agency and have the credentials to access this it is not possible. On the flip side, there are private data mining companies like Lexis Nexis, etc... that will sell subscriptions to those that have a demonstrated need.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbreezy View Post
You can try PublicData.com - it isn't an app, but you can access it from Opera or PIE:
http://www.publicdata.com
Old 03-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

www.locateplus.com has simillar software, I know that they have it for blackberry...and again no, YOU can not get it.

You might note that BOTH Accurint and LocatePlus as restricted in certain states like California, New Jersey, Washington, Arizona (those I know off the top of my head) in DMV searches.....

In Arizona, (with the probable exception for law enforcement) you must go in person to the MVD (Motor Vehicle Department) to run plates....And YOU by the way, probably can not do that either! Some of here here might be able to though.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
become a cop, sounds like some gov. software. pm one of our cops onsite, theres enough.
How shall we know who is or is not a cop onsite? I know there are PIs onsite, but I don't know personally of any cops.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:48 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Haha!! I know the computer in J's truck does all that, they don't have any handheld things....And if they did I don't think any cops on this site are going to help you into finding a way to do it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2