PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How Many Mac users here? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113975)

zulu 03-13-2010 03:43 AM

How Many Mac users here?

My Macbook Pro just arrived via UPS on Thursday and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Missing Sync from MarkSpace. It's light years beyond MS's ActiveSync client!

The amount of "at a glance" info you get in the sync panel...the amount of items you can sync (though I haven't messed with the itunes and iphoto or documents sync yet) is fairly robust. The interface is quite sexy as well. I think I'm going to like it in the world of Mac. Lol.

I've read the reviews on other products and though I've already purchased this...anybody syncing with a mac via usb or BT with any other software?

geeserver 03-13-2010 05:00 AM

Re: How Many Mac users here?

I have a MBP and I dont use ActiveSync, I use MyPhone to backup all my contacts, calendar, task, text messaging... its convenient because its a cloud base service and I can backup anytime I have a internet connection (WAN or LAN).
When I want to flash my phone to a custom rom I use bootcamp with Windows 7. I also use Fusion 3 when I use windows on MAC OS X but could never get the flashing to work because if some usb issue blocking the transfer.

Welcome to the MAC WORLD :)

mikewest 03-13-2010 09:41 AM

I have a macbook. I have used MarkSpace's Missing Sync for three years now. It works much better than ActiveSync, although I do admit that with my Mogul I had to plug and unplug it many times before it saw it the first time. There have been MANY improvements since those days, and I plugged in the old mogul after it was reflashed with stock firmware recently and it was picked up right away.

Over at XDA there is a thread about a mac version of "HTC FLASHER." You can get the source on google.code but I have yet to figure out how to install something called XENITY to get it to compile and work.

davidetkin511 03-13-2010 10:11 AM

I have a mpb. I use stuffit to extract cabs from exes. and vmware to flash roms.

krusty46 03-13-2010 10:21 AM

I use a MBP at work and always ended up with errors using Missing Sync. I tried reinstalling it a few times before giving up and now I just use google exchange. I only plug in my phone to charge it. I sync files via BT in Mac OS.
I'm down to only 1 piece of software that forces me to run Windows and I recently switched from Parallels 4 (XP) to Sun VirtualBOx (Windows 7). So far so good, but its only been a few days.
Good luck with your new Mac.

Daikazetatsu 03-13-2010 10:47 AM

Is MarkSync better than Windows Device Center?

Jeremiah24 03-13-2010 11:13 AM

I'm a Mac!!! I have an old iBook G4 now but in 2 weeks I will have a brand new Macbook Pro 13"!!!!!

hotspace 03-13-2010 11:16 AM

Guys, I've had a MBP for 3+ years. I've loved every minute of it. For what it's worth, I use Myphone to sync contacts as an earlier poster commented. And, I always flash my ROM's from the memory card. Flashing from the memory card is where it's at. So much more convenient.

otterit 03-13-2010 01:31 PM

Mac user. Missing Sync.

touch_rules 03-13-2010 01:51 PM

Just bought my first mac a about 3 weeks ago. I absolutely love it, wish I would have done it sooner.

As far as syncing goes, I have not been doing any. When flashing roms I download the file, extract it using unrar and just copy the .nbh over to my storage card and flash it from storage.

I may venture in to more things between the two soon, but for now, I'm loving it.