PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RUN windows 95 on your TP2.. (here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
you should be able to do XP... if i remember right, 100mb is the limit for it to be able to run... if you can compress the IMG to under or around that limit, then any Windows OS should run... even WIN7, though i doubt WIN7 and Vista can be compressed this much..
How cool would that be? We cannot run WP7, but we could run Windows 7!! That would be so sweet!! hehe

Old 03-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
How cool would that be? We cannot run WP7, but we could run Windows 7!! That would be so sweet!! hehe
HD2 maybe but def not the TP2, simply not enough Ram nor processor power for even the minimum requirements for both OSes. both win7 and vista require a minimum of 512mb Ram and the tp2 only has 288 at the most. the HD2 has 576mb of RAM and a 1ghz processor. as far as the TP2 goes XP is the end of the line it actually meets one of the recommended requirements for XP which is 256mb of RAM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
HD2 maybe but def not the TP2, simply not enough Ram nor processor power for even the minimum requirements for both OSes. both win7 and vista require a minimum of 512mb Ram and the tp2 only has 288 at the most. the HD2 has 576mb of RAM and a 1ghz processor. as far as the TP2 goes XP is the end of the line it actually meets one of the recommended requirements for XP which is 256mb of RAM
Well, thank you for the clarification, Eric!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

speaking of RAM and CPU speed , why the heck did HTC go and put a whimpy 528 mhz processor in the TP2 ?? its not THAT old .. which came first , HTC HD2 or the TP2 ?? like I would orgasm to this phone if it had the 1ghz processor in it !
Old 03-17-2011, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
speaking of RAM and CPU speed , why the heck did HTC go and put a whimpy 528 mhz processor in the TP2 ?? its not THAT old .. which came first , HTC HD2 or the TP2 ?? like I would orgasm to this phone if it had the 1ghz processor in it !
You can actually get good performance on the latest manufactured dates of the TP2,
as they can be overclocked past 748Mhz limit with older units.

But it's pretty amazing to have Win95 on TP2
Old 03-17-2011, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
With that 100mb cap in size, even if you could run it, there would not be anything to do with it....

How do you use your stylus as mouse or to click ? I can get Win95 running but, can't really do anything with it (in hitting start menu or anything) IS there anyway to get it to run full scree so I am not moving the window over to see the other side of it ?

Can I access a folder to run/install a program on it ? (I have a zip drive someplace with all my old 95/98 apps on it...)

Would you believe I was a Windows 95 beta tester ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 03-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
hehe... that is so cool!!

Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: USC

danhux is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

this is just to cool,,haven't seen win95 in years..LOL,, great instructions
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:

Holy crap dude your old !!!! lmao jp
Old 03-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

How do you use your stylus as mouse or to click ? I can get Win95 running but, can't really do anything with it (in hitting start menu or anything) IS there anyway to get it to run full scree so I am not moving the window over to see the other side of it ?

When you installed the cab, it should have installed the VGAkey keyboard cab on there as well. Press the fn key twice on the onscreen keyboard and it should bring up f1 - f12. Press f12 once to enable to mouse, and with the phone in landscape, press f5 for fullscreen.

It's easier, imo, to use the arrow keys on the physical keyboard to move the mouse. Move the mouse to wherever and double click by pressing enter twice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2