PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone know how to open the the windows mobile file on a vista pc

i recently bought a vista laptop and i am not able to view the windows file when i hook my phone up to my laptop i have checked in file option to show hidden files but no go. On my windows xp home edition i was able to view it but now its a no go any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Does anyone know how to open the the windows mobile file on a vista pc

it lets me check mark the show the hidden files box then i click apply and nothing happens and it wont let me click on the apply to files option
Old 03-12-2010, 12:28 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastarob619 View Post
it lets me check mark the show the hidden files box then i click apply and nothing happens and it wont let me click on the apply to files option
You might have to unhide them from inside the phone. If the files are hidden on your phone...your computer wont unhide them. You have to unhide them in your phone so your computer can see them. You can use total commander to navigate to the files you cant see and tap and hold the file and click properties to see if it is hidden or not. Total commander will all files on your device even hidden ones. Hope that is what you were looking for and asking.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

the windows dir wasnt hidden on my phone i used TC and still nothing thanks for the help though
Old 03-12-2010, 01:12 PM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
the windows dir wasnt hidden on my phone i used TC and still nothing thanks for the help though
Aaaaaah I just realized what you were asking. You are wanting to open the windows directory located on your phone from your computer! Yeah I dont know if that is possible. I am not even able to do that from my computer. Let me double check.

Edit: Yeah I cant even open that directory from my computer. When I click my device it seems it shows everything but that directory. So just to let you know you are searching an answer to a problem that really has no solution. The only way to open the windows directory is straight from your phone. IMO. If there is a way then maybe someone can chime in with the answer. But like I said I am not able to open mine from the computer either.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Aaaaaah I just realized what you were asking. You are wanting to open the windows directory located on your phone from your computer! Yeah I dont know if that is possible. I am not even able to do that from my computer. Let me double check.

Edit: Yeah I cant even open that directory from my computer. When I click my device it seems it shows everything but that directory. So just to let you know you are searching an answer to a problem that really has no solution. The only way to open the windows directory is straight from your phone. IMO. If there is a way then maybe someone can chime in with the answer. But like I said I am not able to open mine from the computer either.

on my laptop that runs xp i can see the windows dir when i open the file folder to my phone u have to go to folder options and click on show hidden files but on my laptop that runs vista i click it and nothing happens
Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i figured out how to view it copied the win dir from my phone and moved it to my sd card i can view from the sd card location on my pc but still cant vie it the other way it says the folder is there but i cant view it oh well
Old 03-12-2010, 02:02 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
i figured out how to view it copied the win dir from my phone and moved it to my sd card i can view from the sd card location on my pc but still cant vie it the other way it says the folder is there but i cant view it oh well
Exactly. Ive learned on this site....saying "oh well" is sometimes the best solution you can find.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It may make a difference whether you're connecting and synching via ActiveSync or connecting without synching in WMDC. Is that the case? If you're synching, the Windows directory on your phone will be inaccessible from the computer.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can use the file explorer tool in my mobiler. the latest version is really fast when it opens the windows dir.
you can find it here:
http://mymobiler.com/

Last edited by wesscoggin; 03-12-2010 at 02:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2