PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

ttlycnfuzd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Sim Issues

OK... so I called Verizon, got my phone sim unlocked... all is good - right? Nope.... went to best buy, bought a prepaid phone, activated it... blah blah... Put the sim in the TP2, and it acts like there isn't one in there. HMM... put the Vodaphone one in - sim recognized. Put att card in - nothing.

Am I missing something?

edit: I should also add that im not even getting a sim error. just plain n simply like no sim card installed

Last edited by ttlycnfuzd; 03-12-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: add to problem
Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Re: Sim Issues

not that i know much about unlocked phones and sims but are you on vzw stock rom? may affect it...doesnt att have a version of the tp2? and why would you unlock it to go from a 3g carrier to a 2g carrier...? if you notice in att commercials it says 3g not available in all areas.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

did you switch your phone to GSM mode?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
not that i know much about unlocked phones and sims but are you on vzw stock rom? may affect it...doesnt att have a version of the tp2? and why would you unlock it to go from a 3g carrier to a 2g carrier...? if you notice in att commercials it says 3g not available in all areas.

Being VZW stoc rom shouldn't have anything to do with it at all.... Basically, by adding a sim card to a VZW phone, you- in affect- can have the best of both radios in your phone, as well as have two seperate numbers. (no you cant have both numbers ring at the same time... depends on which mode you are in) But im not even getting 2G... so.....
Old 03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
did you switch your phone to GSM mode?

Wouldn't let me.. phone didn't see sim... stayed in CDMA Mode
Old 03-12-2010, 11:34 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

just to confirm, this is an AT&T prepaid sim, correct?
tracfone and net10 sims won't work
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
just to confirm, this is an AT&T prepaid sim, correct?
tracfone and net10 sims won't work
yea... bought an att go phone just to get the sim.....
Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Is it maybe just an issue with this sim? I'd hate to think that I wasted $35.... but then again, it is only $35, and my phone still works the way it should... lol
Old 03-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
Well here is the issue with that statement.
Quote:
if you notice in att commercials it says 3g not available in all areas.
Watching a commercial does not in any way properly inform you on the products or services a company offers. Saying AT&T is a "2g" carrier, a term I have never heard used before btw, is incorrect. No carrier with a 3g network has 3G everywhere in the US. They all have fall back data networks. Verizon included. So what you are actually saying here is that all carriers in the US are "2g" carriers. Not trying to be a ass about it at all. Just trying to educate you a bit more on it.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

CDMA TP2s are SIM unlocked to any other provider worldwide. They are specifically blocked from U.S. GSM carriers. At least that's the way that Sprint has it set up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2