PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint

brwnsugar99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Having problems with txt count on Mr. X Rom

Has anyone experienced recieving a txt and after checking it the count remains the same? I have to reset my phone or erase all the msgs to clear it.. can some pls help me fix it or tell me how to restore the factory settings.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Having problems with txt count on Mr. X Rom

do you have a 6800 or touch pro 2. If TP2 please update your profile. Does it happen every time you get a message?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brwnsugar99 is a n00b

I have a tp2 and yes it happens every time a get a msg
Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

the problem lies within a bad htmlnote.dll file...i have provided a modified version of the dll to fix this problem several times and others have gladly plagiarized it so feel free to search for htmlnote and replace it with the one currently on your device. thanks and have a wonderful ppcg day!

Old 03-18-2010, 11:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

use fixunread.exe on your device attached below and than you will ve good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brwnsugar99 is a n00b

thanx..I will try the cab fix since I not a true geek and i dont know anything about that htmlnote stuff.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnsugar99 View Post
thanx..I will try the cab fix since I not a true geek and i dont know anything about that htmlnote stuff.
what dash provided is not a cab it's an exe which means it has to be run everytime you have this problem. It will treat the symptoms only...replacing the dll is the only real cure.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

brwnsugar99 is a n00b

oh ok.. and how do i do that? sorry to be bothersome
Old 03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Retired Staff

not a bother at all...first search the forum for the file...once you have it use total commander or resco explorer to copy the file directly into your windows folder overwriting the original. this cannot be done with windows file explorer must be 3rd party otherwise you wont have permission to overwrite into the windows directory.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2