PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 04:45 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sim Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
CDMA TP2s are SIM unlocked to any other provider worldwide. They are specifically blocked from U.S. GSM carriers. At least that's the way that Sprint has it set up.
verizon users apparently can call big red up and ask for the unlock code to really unlock it for GSM use here in the US. but then again...i stand corrected on this.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ttlycnfuzd is just getting started

It really shouldn't be that difficult..... many other VZW folks have done the same thing with greater success than what I am having. Guess it was worth the try tho. Kinna sucks; I was all excited to have both carriers operating on the same phone.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
Well here is the issue with that statement. Watching a commercial does not in any way properly inform you on the products or services a company offers. Saying AT&T is a "2g" carrier, a term I have never heard used before btw, is incorrect. No carrier with a 3g network has 3G everywhere in the US. They all have fall back data networks. Verizon included. So what you are actually saying here is that all carriers in the US are "2g" carriers. Not trying to be a ass about it at all. Just trying to educate you a bit more on it.
2G was just a manner of speaking and i think i know the competition...that is my job fter all...compare the maps att is ridiculously horrible and a total waste of money...especially when sprint is going 4G and is the fastest data connection of all the carriers...2x faster than verizn 14x faster than tmobile and dont even get me started on att's laggy spotty coverage.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
2G was just a manner of speaking and i think i know the competition...that is my job fter all...compare the maps att is ridiculously horrible and a total waste of money...especially when sprint is going 4G and is the fastest data connection of all the carriers...2x faster than verizn 14x faster than tmobile and dont even get me started on att's laggy spotty coverage.

Don't mistake what I said as a pro AT&T advert. Their 3g network definitely could use improvement. And it is also my job to know. I have worked in retail wireless for almost a decade. Most recently AT&T for 3 years and now USCC. I have sold most carriers small, large, present and extinct. And no, I will not defend USCC's data network. All I can say is it is stable and consistent but adequate at best for today's smartphone needs. But USCC is small beans in the grand scheme of things so I refuse to be overly critical of it. I assume you work for Sprint so I would dare you to put their customer care against USCC's though. That is why I am here now. It's a great company to work for. I deal with far less pissed off customers than I ever have before.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i'm confused. why would you want to be on 2 us networks and pay for 2 services?

Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
i'm confused. why would you want to be on 2 us networks and pay for 2 services?
I still have my AT&T account. I do not really use it much but it's there. Why someone would want to do this is really irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

that is right and that works for me.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

ttlycnfuzd is just getting started

OK.... so um.... Thanks for the... help?.... Just some info for everyone... YMMV - It seems that the actual GoPhone sims from ATT (you know the ones where you buy the phone in the little package at WalMart?) are slightly different. Got another ATT sim card, popped it in and BINGO! My ATT Account is now on my VZW TP2. Just a heads up in case anyone has a similar issue....
Old 03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
not that i know much about unlocked phones and sims but are you on vzw stock rom? may affect it...doesnt att have a version of the tp2? and why would you unlock it to go from a 3g carrier to a 2g carrier...? if you notice in att commercials it says 3g not available in all areas.
some people like me just unlock things (like the sim and hslp) just because i can do it!! its to add to my htc makes the best phones bragging convos!! it so cool to say my verizon tp2 is serviced be verizon and tmobile!!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

well thats cool...be a show off

yes i agree sprint customer service sucks but we are working on it through csat surveys to weedout the bad. just a bummer that the customer cant have the numbers i have for the nice ppl section of cs. however, regardless of uscc polite cs they jacked me over repeatedly changing my plan without my knowledge...saying i didnt have tep when i did and charging me out the wazoo for less than par service...was paying over $250/mo. for two smartphones no pic msg when i could have been paying $129.99 for two w sprint got unltd pic/txt/vid msg nav, tv, radio and more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2