PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

erawtik is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cab files

My pc restored itself the other day and since then alot of things are not working right. The one thing that is bugging me most is any cab files on my pc show a different icon now and i cant transfer them to my phone. Anyone have any ideas? Im using windows 7. Iv tried sd card and phone and a different sd card. Iv also tried 2 different roms so it has to be the pc.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: cab files

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawtik View Post
My pc restored itself the other day and since then alot of things are not working right. The one thing that is bugging me most is any cab files on my pc show a different icon now and i cant transfer them to my phone. Anyone have any ideas? Im using windows 7. Iv tried sd card and phone and a different sd card. Iv also tried 2 different roms so it has to be the pc.
Right click on the file.

Select Open With --> Choose Program

Pick the program that you want to use. The icon should update accordingly. Make sure you have the checkbox selected below:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (10.8 KB, 79 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i dont want to open it i need to transfer them to my phone. I was just saying the icon changed not sure what it looked like before but i do know it is different. It says "the device has either stopped responding or been disconnected".

Last edited by erawtik; 03-12-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 PM
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i dont want to open it i need to transfer them to my phone. I was just saying the icon changed not sure what it looked like before but i do know it is different. It says "the device has either stopped responding or been disconnected".
The icon changed because whatever your default program was before is not installed or selected.

If you are running Windows 7, you need to download Mobile Device Center to sync:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

my phone syncs just fine and iv transfered pics just fine it is only cab files that wont transfer. Id format and reinstall but i have 150gigs of stuff id hate to lose.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:15 PM
VIP Duck

Quote:
my phone syncs just fine and iv transfered pics just fine it is only cab files that wont transfer. Id format and reinstall but i have 150gigs of stuff id hate to lose.
Post one of your cabs.

BTW, did you have a virus or something?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The only thing i do is download cabs, roms, and browes the net. Im pretty sure it isnt a virus. I researched and seen it has happened to other people not sure if it is a bug in w7 or what. Also avg didnt find anything. Iv had a pc since windows 3.1 so im pretty familiar with the computer world, so avoid the pc basics ?'s. Iv tried many cabs even ones i already have on my phone.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

funny thing is no cabs from my pc will transfer but i can take cabs that are on my phone, put them on my pc then transfer them back to my phone. And even in a different folder so i dont replace the cab on the phone.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:06 AM
proimageprints

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Have you tried switching the method of connection when your phone is connected to pc? ie. activesync, storage card? also have you tried transferring directly to the card via card reader?.... Just some thoughts as to why they won't transfer. Possibly corrupted cab files themselves? Do you have backups of the cabs on your PC in a seperate location? I am thinking that somehow the files got corrupted. Is it every cab file and are they all in the same directory or spread throught the file system?

Just brainstorming some ideas.... Hope something helps! (I feel your pain!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2