PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

KCHruby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Remapping My "Windows"-looking Button to Home Screen

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm working with an HTC Touch Pro 2 on the Sprint Network, WM 6.1 and the stock ROM v 1.21.651.4, dated 01/11/10.

My TP2 died yesterday and Sprint gave me a replacement. The only thing I don't like about the replacement is that the second button from the left--the one that has the "Windows" symbol now goes to the "Start Menu" as opposed to the "Home" location in Touch Flo 3D.

I'm a creature of habbit and really prefer the "Home" location as opposed to the start menu.

I did a search and found a thread that dated back to September of 2009 with the instructions but I didn't see any posts afterwards saying if this was successful or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernpenguin View Post
This should really be listed on the Tips, Tweaks thread - but here's the link to the remapper (from XDA) that I'm using - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240
Plus, that thread was last updated 6 months ago so I was wondering if there's another, simpler way to re-direct my button.

I did download "AE Button Plus" but even using that software I can't find a way to re-direct the button to the "Home" location.

Once again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KCHruby
Old 03-12-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Remapping My "Windows"-looking Button to Home Screen

as far as i can remember, that button has always been for the start menu right out of the box and the home button is the button right next to it with the backwards button. did your first tp2 have it as the home button right out of the box?...or did you re-map it prior to it keeling over on you?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KCHruby is a n00b

When I first purchased my TP2, about 3 or 4 months ago, I immediately loaded Mobile Shell because that's what I had on my TP(1). I used Mobile Shell for a bit but decided the MobileShell Upgrade slowed my TP2 down too much so I removed it and went back to using the Touch Flo 3D.

So, the first time I actually played with Touch Flo on the TP2 was about a month ago and the "Windows" button was mapped to the home location. The "back" button will eventually get me "Home" but it sometimes takes more a few presses of the "back" button to get me there.

I hope that makese sense. LOL

KCHruby
Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

The call end key takes you home, you don't need 2 home keys do you?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KCHruby is a n00b

heartisall,

You are very correct about that. The "Call End" key does take me exactly where I want to go. I appreciate you pointing that out because in my hurry to find a solution for the "Windows" key, I never realized the "Call End" key does exactly what I want.

If possible, I'd still like to remap the "Windows" key to the "Home" location as well though. I'm a creature of habbit and I can picture myself hanging up on people because I want to look at something else on my phone while I'm on a call.

Thanks for that bit of knowledge that I had missed.

KCHruby
Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hmmm...and you didnt install any cab to map that? because the only button i can re-map without any help of a cab is the call key in the buttons setting.

if youre on a call and if you want to go back to the home screen, you would just close the dialer by pressing the X and it will bring you back to the today screen. pending you didnt have any other windows open when you make/get the call. but if you do have other windows open, you can always just open start menu and tap Today. granted it takes abt 2 moves...but thats the only way i can think of doing this...again, in the absence of the appropriate cab.

Last edited by Mojary; 03-12-2010 at 10:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2