PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Flo Weather Not Updating (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113935)

Automaton 03-12-2010 07:11 PM

Touch Flo Weather Not Updating

Mine says that it updates ("last updated 0 min ago"), but the data is not correct. It keeps saying Glendale, CA is 47 degrees and raining for the last week, but it's 70 and sunny right now. I'm running the stock Sprint ROM.

I tried that conflipper.com URL in the registry from another post, but it gets bad data too. I called HTC and they were clueless.

I tried rebooting the phone and it didn't help.

The demo phone at the Sprint store was pulling down the same bad data.

WTF?

sprintgirl 03-12-2010 07:31 PM

Re: Touch Flo Weather Not Updating

try manually dl weather by going to the settings tab and clicking data download weather

Automaton 03-12-2010 08:16 PM

There is no "data" or "download weather" on the TouchFlo "Settings" tab.

davidetkin511 03-12-2010 08:55 PM

That is one of the many bugs with stock roms. Get a custom rom and everything will be better!!!

sprintgirl 03-14-2010 02:46 AM

the settings tab right before programs when you scroll across the bottom row of tabs...?

spcrxracer 03-14-2010 09:04 PM

Verizon TP2 stock 6.1 rom. After the DST change, all my appointments are displayed 1 hour LATER than they are set for. If I go in to edit the start & end times, those are correctly set. Just the display times are 1 hour later.

Also, my manilla weather won't connect to update now. Every time I try to update it, it says "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?". If I select "yes", the same thing happens again. I've tried restarting my phone and it still didn't work. Just thought I'd let you know

puff601 03-14-2010 09:14 PM

There is nothing to worry about guys, there is nothing wrong with your phones. the link that updates the weather is down... the same thing happened a few weeks ago. it should start back working in a few days... Last time this happened i did a hard reset and still had the same problem, so just wait it out...

cfendrick 03-14-2010 09:23 PM

Same problem happened like a week ago for me. I fixed mine by a reg edit.

Hkey_current_user\Software\HTC\Manila Look for key Weather.ServerURLOverride

I added a .old to the Weather.ServerURLOverride and it worked

Changed it back about 3 days later and everything worked fine. I saw this post tried my update and sure enough not working. Added the .old and it updated just fine!

I just moved off the weather tab and back again. after exiting the reg edt program. Didn't even have to reboot to fix the update problem.

Hope it works for you as well.

puff601 03-14-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfendrick (Post 1630380)
Same problem happened like a week ago for me. I fixed mine by a reg edit.

Hkey_current_user\Software\HTC\Manila Look for key Weather.ServerURLOverride

I added a .old to the Weather.ServerURLOverride and it worked

Changed it back about 3 days later and everything worked fine. I saw this post tried my update and sure enough not working. Added the .old and it updated just fine!

I just moved off the weather tab and back again. after exiting the reg edt program. Didn't even have to reboot to fix the update problem.

Hope it works for you as well.

yea i saw where you can change the url. so your weather is still working now? what exactly is the url you are using?

futrorthodr 03-15-2010 12:13 AM

My weather updates stopped working today. havent tried any fixes yet. Hopefully i will just wait it out