PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Best settings for Advanced Config Tool 3.3? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113932)

gono666 03-12-2010 06:19 PM

Best settings for Advanced Config Tool 3.3?

Hi guys this is my first noob post, I've been looking for the best performance settings on advanced configuration tools 3.3 and yes I've searched the threads and Google (and i know Google is my friend) but i haven't been able to find recommended settings for my Sprint TP2. I have been using the ones from my TP but i get some lag in menus like email menu if i scroll it lags to scroll through. Also if u guys got registry performance changes let me know. This are the settings i currently got on my A.C.T. 3.3:

File system cache; Enabled
File system cache size; 8mb
File system filter cache; 131072 sectors
BTW what do this do? PNP unload delay and PNP wait I/O delay
Glyph cache; 128kb

Thanks to everyone that helps with this !:headbang:

swoope 03-13-2010 01:33 AM

Re: Best settings for Advanced Config Tool 3.3?

maybe advanced config is for gsm only?

sprint is cmda...

you might want to learn how to google..

beers

RKnight 03-13-2010 01:43 AM

Actually I always use the program when I flash new ROM's to change allot of settings and it is actually built into Energy ROM's

kirstein 03-13-2010 01:49 AM

swoope has it mostly right. Unless they rewrote it, Adv config is a GSM program. It can be used on CDMA devices with care. Whatever you do, don't press the defaults button. It will rewrite several data registries with GSM versions, and you will start having problems answering your phone.

nrfitchett4 03-13-2010 01:54 AM

i'll have to look later, cause i know i've had it on my last 2 sprint phones and it didn't cause any problems....

Compusmurf 03-13-2010 11:38 AM

You can adjust MOST settings as long as you know what the defaults for your CDMA phone are. DO not mess with any radio settings like data timeouts/disconnects, etc. Yes, it was designed around a GSM phone, but some of the settings are universal.

BenC 03-13-2010 12:13 PM

It works fine on my Sprint TP2. As with any application, backup first then play and keep a record of changes you make.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swoope (Post 1626876)

sprint is cmda...

beers

kirstein 03-13-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 1627382)
It works fine on my Sprint TP2. As with any application, backup first then play and keep a record of changes you make.

The thing about advanced config is that when you set it to defaults it makes registry changes in the data section that cause your phone to lock up or get sluggish when it rings. Uninstalling Advanced config doesn't fix this, you have to go in and manually edit the registry (or restore it from a backup). to fix this. There is a cab to fix this if you hit default. If you read through this post you will find much more info.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87228

I wish that either someone would write a CDMA version of this program or they would add a big warning on it that it can trash your CDMA phones registry settings.

gono666 03-13-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swoope (Post 1626876)

sprint is cmda...

beers

mmmm you are a bigger noob then me, that's why I'm asking only for performance settings, the changes on the registry affecting cache sizes has nothing to damage whether the phone is cdma of gsm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 1627382)

You are right i used it on my TP as well and never had any problems I changed most settings from bluetooth, internet, task manager, etc.

It doesn't have to be through Advanced config necessarily if you guys got any registry tweaks or other software let me know all i want is better performance regardless of battery life (I can charge it at home, in my car or at my pc at work). And thank you guys for all of your replies !=D>

kirstein 03-13-2010 07:47 PM

Are you on the stock ROM? If you are ready to edit all those items you may also be ready to flash a new rom. Some of the cooked roms perform way better than stock and have become quite stable. Be sure to read all the stickies in the CDMA Upgrade section about unlocking and flashing, then go for it. For a first ROM I'd recommend "MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.1║ ║WP 6.5║" Rock solid stable, performs much better than stock, and you get all the 6.5 goodness.

Careful though, Rom flashing is addictive.