PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best settings for Advanced Config Tool 3.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post
maybe advanced config is for gsm only?

sprint is cmda...

you might want to learn how to google..

beers
Ahh very wise to say but I have been using Advance config for awhile now and I must say it has its benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
The thing about advanced config is that when you set it to defaults it makes registry changes in the data section that cause your phone to lock up or get sluggish when it rings. Uninstalling Advanced config doesn't fix this, you have to go in and manually edit the registry (or restore it from a backup). to fix this. There is a cab to fix this if you hit default. If you read through this post you will find much more info.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87228

I wish that either someone would write a CDMA version of this program or they would add a big warning on it that it can trash your CDMA phones registry settings.
FYI it does give you a BIG warning sign before you use it. By checking the box to use it you are confirming that you at least have some general idea what you are doing. So it does let you know that it can mess your phone up if you have the wrong settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gono666 View Post
mmmm you are a bigger noob then me, that's why I'm asking only for performance settings, the changes on the registry affecting cache sizes has nothing to damage whether the phone is cdma of gsm.

You are right i used it on my TP as well and never had any problems I changed most settings from bluetooth, internet, task manager, etc.

It doesn't have to be through Advanced config necessarily if you guys got any registry tweaks or other software let me know all i want is better performance regardless of battery life (I can charge it at home, in my car or at my pc at work). And thank you guys for all of your replies !=D>
So as far as performance heres what I got:
File System Cache: Enabled
File System Cache size: 2 MB
File System Filter Cache:4096 sectors
Pnp Unload delay:1500
Pnp wait I/O delay: 1500
Glyph cache: 8kb

Also I use it to enable ALL power management settings which do come in handy when toting your phone for a long period of time. Also there is a thread about cabs to disable unused programs.....wow is all I have to say. After installing the cabs that I needed...(he lays it out what cab disables what) So if you know what you dont use on your phone then the better shape you will be....but after the cabs...I think by Ninja Duck is his name...but after his cabs....My battery life has been outstanding!!! I am on Mr. X 2.5 ROM which IMO is a really GREAT ROM!!.....hold up let me bring that back....A REALLY GREAT ROM!!! I am also using the Verizon 1.87.00 I think its called as my Radio which also saves a lot off my battery consumption...radios vary by location. But with those few tweaks I mentioned above with the power management settings you should be in good shape. All the other stuff you can adjust but I really dont fool with anything I dont know what I m doing. Maybe to test but I at least have some general idea of what I want to achieve before editing...thus the big pop up before you use Advance Config for the first time. I also use it to change my splash screens and my startup gif. You can also use it to change the sounds that play when you start up your phone. So many things you can do with this app. Another Great one is HD Tweaks. A lot of good settings in there....and it has detailed info about what each thing does. So even for a noob it will be self explanatory.

Quote:
Are you on the stock ROM? If you are ready to edit all those items you may also be ready to flash a new rom. Some of the cooked roms perform way better than stock and have become quite stable. Be sure to read all the stickies in the CDMA Upgrade section about unlocking and flashing, then go for it. For a first ROM I'd recommend "MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.1║ ║WP 6.5║" Rock solid stable, performs much better than stock, and you get all the 6.5 goodness.

Careful though, Rom flashing is addictive.
+1 Flashing is VEEEEEEEERY addictive. I havent stopped yet. I sometimes want to flash just to flash.....I flashed the same ROM a couple of times just to reflash something. But all in all if you use Advance Config and you know what settings ACTUALLY DO WHAT then you are in good shape. Just dont go fu**ing with sh*t just cuz your curious UNLESS you dont care about a hard reset and a reflash...but even then you could have jacked something up in there that affects the hardware in the phone. Best of luck to all you noobies here. Welcome and remember we are here to help you. Well some of us are. Just dont forget to hit THANKS for information you find helpful. Thats what its there for!

Last edited by youngpro83; 03-13-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best settings for Advanced Config Tool 3.3?

Quote:
Are you on the stock ROM? If you are ready to edit all those items you may also be ready to flash a new rom. Some of the cooked roms perform way better than stock and have become quite stable. Be sure to read all the stickies in the CDMA Upgrade section about unlocking and flashing, then go for it. For a first ROM I'd recommend "MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.1║ ║WP 6.5║" Rock solid stable, performs much better than stock, and you get all the 6.5 goodness.

Careful though, Rom flashing is addictive.
I'm currently running the following |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Phoenix 2" 23541/21892 ★Feb 26★ Sense 2.1/Titanium ★, but I'm using the spb mobile shell, im a big fan of the energy roms but i got tired of the sense and tf3d because they lack customization ( i do know you can modify most of it but its a pain in the butt) and yes i got very addicted to flashing after i did it for the first time. Please post your performance registry tweaks if you have any or your settings like youngpro83 did, and thanks again everyone.

BTW I'm using your settings youngpro83 ill let you know if it fixed my lag issues, as a reminder any performance tweaks i will apply regardless of battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
advanced, cache, config, configuration, schapman