PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those of you old enough to remember the Touch Pro...Lets reflect shall we?

i can remember driving 40 miles round trip to get my first tp. the entire ride i was acting like a kid the day before christmas. i thought my girl was gonna jump out of my truck while we were cruising down the highway. the entire ride home i kept on about how this was gonna be the super phone i always dreamed about. more skeptical looks and attempts to pop the door open. we made it home i set up the phone and as i put the stylus back into the device i noticed i wouldnt stay in. guess what my girl did?

thatsright she laughed at me for about an hour and ended it by saying...

some super phone, huh?

that was my first of 6 epic failures with the tp.

thankfully i got a tp2 at no cost and without having to lie,cheat, beg or steal to get it...

i plan on hanging with my tp2 until someone finally gets a tegra2 chip onboard... i know that it seems the snapdragon is all there is for more performance, but if nvidia's specs are for real then get me some winmo tegra2style dan hesse!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: For those of you old enough to remember the Touch Pro...Lets reflect shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWide View Post
But hardware wise I loved it over the TP1 and to a certain extent the 2.
Hardware wise? You loved the incredible lack of memory on the Mogul???
I mean the mogul was nice but the memory really crippled it...
Also the buttons were nice on the Mogul but the TP1 was soooo much better than the Mogul in all other respects.

The TP2 is even better, albeit I miss the LED flash.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

cozmic is a n00b

i've had my tp2 for about a week now.
light years ahead of the tp - especially the vzw version.

i remember spending a fortune on it and really needing a new phone since my apache died the week before. boy did vzw kill my dreams.

finally when my 5th tp died i found a sympathetic csr @ vzw who sent me a tp2 to replace the tp. =D>
Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Never had to replace my TP because it always worked flawlessly.

Upgraded rom to MR4 long before the update, and enjoyed performance on par or better than the updated rom from Sprint.

Sprint offered be $150 instead of $75 for a new TP2, then took an extra $50 off when I had to place the order twice (first didn't go through because of incompetence) then the $100 MIR got denied so they credited my account $100, then out of nowhere a $100 check showed up at my door which was successfully cashed. So in total I got $400 off the price of a Tp2.

I sold my TP for $150 to a friend who loves the shit out of it.

I played Sprint's Russian roulette and came out a winner.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, ROM Du Jour

computhug is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
I for one will not fall victim to the game i have decided to give up on all windows phones from sprint and stick to android. i have 1 left if you want it...it will cost you a moment.
I recently retired my Touch Pro for a new Moment. Made it less than a week before returning it and buying a month-old Touch Pro 2 I found on Craigslist. The Moment is garbage - mine came out of the box with the CL-14 update and the battery life was still horrible. Even running a task-killer with aggressive settings and completely disabling backround sync, the battery lasted at most for 4 hours. I probably had it on the charger 75% of the short time I had the thing. Hell, my old Touch Pro had better battery life running XDAndroid builds from the SD card!

Don't get me wrong, I really dig Android. With the direction Microsuck is taking WP7-Series, I'm sure I'll be making the move permanently someday. But I also love my Touch Pro 2 (and it loves to dine at Calkulin's Kitchen!). It'll do just fine until the Supersonic is a reality, or better yet a Snapdragon qwerty slider. Save your money, the Moment is aptly named - the attraction last for only a moment.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Hardware wise? You loved the incredible lack of memory on the Mogul???
I mean the mogul was nice but the memory really crippled it...
Also the buttons were nice on the Mogul but the TP1 was soooo much better than the Mogul in all other respects.

The TP2 is even better, albeit I miss the LED flash.
I think by hardware-wise the poster was referring to the buttons on the Mogul which I definitely agree with. I loved the scroll wheel and really wish it would come back. I think a mogul, with the screen of the TP2 would be fantastic.

As for the TP1, I really had none of the issues that most of the people on here were complaining about. Like I sadi i missed the scroll wheel and a dedicated camera button, but other than that it was a solid device for me. I started to get bored, but once I started flashing custom roms I got into it again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2