PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: For those of you old enough to remember the Touch Pro...Lets reflect shall we?

Also... It's a shame with sprint and what happened with the touch pro 1... because Telus never had any of those issues with the phone.

It seems like they got it right with the Pro 2 though, because there is DEFINITELY not as much issues with the device hardware wise as there were with the pro1.

So that's two things to count your lucky stars on!

1 ) Better hardware
2 ) An update arriving just around the corner
Old 03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: For those of you old enough to remember the Touch Pro...Lets reflect shall we?

I remember my TP1 and still keep it as a backup in case my TP2 goes down.

Simply put, next to my current TP2, my TP1 was the best Winmo device that I ever owned. I never had it replaced (my TP2 has already been replaced) and it never gave me any problems besides me flashing it every other week and dropping it every month. It was a workhorse.

Previously I owned the HP PocketPC phone (forgot it's name), the 6700 and the 6800. The TP1 and TP2 are head and shoulders above the rest.

(all my devices have been on Sprint)
Old 03-12-2010, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

+1 i dont like not being showed love by my carrier i will stick with winmo/winphone unless android releases a supersonic like device with a hardware kb,but i def will be switching carriers im dumping sprint unless im paying half of what i am now.I love sprint but this is ridiculous how careless they can be about upgrades.it might be fraud but ive thought of unlocking sim and saying take that sprint,i kid.but seriously.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

please dont say anything about the touch pro 2 update to 6.5 with or with out sense because if you do.. this thread is going to be destine to close!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I am a WinMo fangirl. Sorry. I used the Moment I have for one day and missed Windows Mobile. Gave the phone to my husband and he LOVES it. I can't wait for WP7. I don't really care about the 6.5 update because I don't use manila and I build the ROM-for-me with Calk's kitchen. Sorry to see you go, though, Juggs. I have learned a lot from your threads/answers.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 03-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

wteviper is a n00b

I had 1 TP1 it worked great, I guess I was just lucky. I had like 8 moguls before they upgraded me that was a crappy phone.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One Mogul for almost 2 yrs... very solid phone until my keyboard just wore out from heavy use. TP1...wow... beautiful phone and huge difference over the Mogul. It worked great until I had the oil under the screen thing. It was all down hill until there. I had 8 or 9 TP1s (all refurbs of course). All of them were various issues...over heating but mostly keyboard not working. One TP1 was DOA and another the keyboard lasted from the Sprint store door to my car in the parking lot. That was funny!!

I look at the TP1 now and think...wow!! How did I look at that small screen? It looks like a toy. Then I see my uncle with his Mogul and tell him... TP2 now!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I remember ditching the Mogul for the TouchPro...and I remember just how happy I was with the OG TP. I did NOT have any issue with the touch pro. I thought most people were doing something wrong...since there were SOOOOO many complaints on the hardware. My chrome didn't start chipping til about a month before the TP2 came out! As for the state of WinMo and Sprint's treatment of updates...*sigh* I love WinMo...I swore to myself that I would return the TouchPro 2 once the Hero came out. yeah, that didn't happen. Love the TP2, and everything just worked out of the box for me. I have since gotten to play with just about every Android phone out there...and can say that I'm not impressed (yet.) With the HD2 going to T-Mo...and the Supersonic rumored to be coming to Sprint. I might make the leap to Android when that time comes. I am curious what will come out of this Windows Phone 7 series...what will Sprint carry initially (if at all.)

Bottomline is IF I didn't find this community, I would have NEVER upgraded to the Touch Pro. My tech support is THIS forum, YOU ALL GEEKERS are my tech reps. So, if I ever went Android...I would hope that the Android community here would be as strong as the WinMo community right now!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:50 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Had one Mogul for a year or so, that thing became a work horse even with the 64MB ram or whatever little BS it was. Tp came and was a huge improvement, I still have that thing and it is solid as a mo fo, had it in a case, no chrome bs, KB failure (dont use it much at all) or no major prob except for a power switch that became flasky , I got the switch replaced and all is excellent with the TP...Now, the TP2 came, and the friggin TP screen loook like isht all of the sudden....I had all these HTC bichtes working as I want . TP2 is best, and more to come...this is marketing and it is all about sales and making moula....6.5 will come and then 7 and then 7.5 whatever but this isht is ongoing...
Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
Anyone remeber that glorious day back in 2008 when the Touch Pro was shipped to our doors? I know i do. I remember it as being the biggest flop in sprint history since dan hesse undid his belt.
I had a mogul and wanted a TP till one of my friend got a TP on hand...I didn't even try it out, moment I saw it I already didn't want it...kind of like a sixth sense telling me that thing has issues...so I just waited and got a TP2 and so far I am good....even without sprint's upgrade while it may provide benefit I am somewhat content... aside for wanting a snapdragon of course >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2