PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

adamw79 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does this really work?-Mr. X and MightyMike Tethering Tracking Hotfix

I've seen my question posed in the thread of a few roms and places you'll find the link to the mentioned file, but no answer. Thought I would come out from lurking and ask, as it bugs me because I have no clue how it works and how to verify if it is or not. Anyone out there know the details? Does it modify a registry key I can look at? Something?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Does this really work?-Mr. X and MightyMike Tethering Tracking Hotfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw79 View Post
I've seen my question posed in the thread of a few roms and places you'll find the link to the mentioned file, but no answer. Thought I would come out from lurking and ask, as it bugs me because I have no clue how it works and how to verify if it is or not. Anyone out there know the details? Does it modify a registry key I can look at? Something?
What are you asking exactly. Does the tethering work? Yes. Is it stealth? Yes. Will Sprint charge you for using it? No. Have I tried it? Plenty of times. Has Sprint charged me? No.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Smile Re: Does this really work?-Mr. X and MightyMike Tethering Tracking Hotfix

My understanding is this file is for people who already have tethering, so no: I am not asking if it makes tethering work.

I am asking how it works, more specifically, what does it do? How does it make it look like I am not tethering?

I also ask, because I do manual tweaks to my registry alot. I know cabs are convenient for most people, but I prefer to do the registry tweaks myself if I can... helps give a better understanding on what is going on. Further to that, I know what I have already changed and if another tweak comes along, I can have an idea if I am going back to something I already changed.

SO! It would be good to know what this file changed, especially in case I actually change something it changed that will mysteriously make my "stealthy" tethering stop working.

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

if ur running our latest roms, u don't need that .cab / hotfix.

It's all taken care of. Just hook up ur phone and go!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16730; U; en))

i dont think im the best person to answer this but my understanding is that with stock it is detected through the usb active sync connection(the pop up when connected)not sure what the file is called,but i believe it is simply erased so their will be no way to track it.like i said im not so knowledgeable on this but thats kinda what i got out of it when reading about it hope this doesnt confuse but help.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:23 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
My understanding is this file is for people who already have tethering, so no: I am not asking if it makes tethering work.

I am asking how it works, more specifically, what does it do? How does it make it look like I am not tethering?

I also ask, because I do manual tweaks to my registry alot. I know cabs are convenient for most people, but I prefer to do the registry tweaks myself if I can... helps give a better understanding on what is going on. Further to that, I know what I have already changed and if another tweak comes along, I can have an idea if I am going back to something I already changed.

SO! It would be good to know what this file changed, especially in case I actually change something it changed that will mysteriously make my "stealthy" tethering stop working.

Thanks!!!!!!!
So your that guy who wants to know where your sh*t goes after you flush! And who made GOD? Sheesh...it is what it is. It works and works well. If your wanting to know why then just read the guys post who you were referring it to. Even he did not feel the need to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
if ur running our latest roms, u don't need that .cab / hotfix.

It's all taken care of. Just hook up ur phone and go!
+1 Agreed. Hook it up and go man.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I asked on this because I think it's just a "placebo", it doesn't do anything.....
Old 05-22-2010, 01:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
I asked on this because I think it's just a "placebo", it doesn't do anything.....
heres what its doing:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

and if you wanna doubt it, dont use it... but ive been tethering for over 2yrs for free.... almost everyone on this site tethers and for free.. id say "the proofs in the pudding"
Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

I've been using WModem w/ certain registry changes documented in the titan forum. Will this WModem and those registry setting still work in TP2 alSo? They worked fine in TP1
Old 05-22-2010, 01:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
I've been using WModem w/ certain registry changes documented in the titan forum. Will this WModem and those registry setting still work in TP2 alSo? They worked fine in TP1
yes, ive been using the same method for tethering since my Titan/Mogul days as well.. the reg entry is the same
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2