PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Best Verizon TP2 ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113903)

Outkast206 03-12-2010 02:02 PM

Best Verizon TP2 ROM?

Sorry if there is another thread asking, didn't see one.. I have been with VZN for years and follow SSK (Scott Crosler) for a LONG time as he was one of the very few DEDICATED VZN only chefs.. I followed him from the TP1(6850) and even the 6800(Mogul)..

Anyway, of you VERIZON folk, what rom are you using, who do you find best? I'm really loving Mighty so far myself.

skuddy 03-12-2010 02:05 PM

Re: Best Verizon TP2 ROM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outkast206 (Post 1625433)
Sorry if there is another thread asking, didn't see one.. I have been with VZN for years and follow SSK (Scott Crosler) for a LONG time as he was one of the very few DEDICATED VZN only chefs.. I followed him from the TP1(6850) and even the 6800(Mogul)..

Anyway, of you VERIZON folk, what rom are you using, who do you find best? I'm really loving Mighty so far myself.

I find Mr. X and Mighty Rom to be some of the better chefs. NRGZ28 makes a good wrong, not my taste personally. too many extras on his rom for me.

and those arent carrier specific.

but seriously, for future reference, this post should go in general TP2 forums, not the upgrade forums.

Outkast206 03-12-2010 02:06 PM

Sorry bout that and yeah, I am using an NRG rom right now, a little too much bloat :( Anyone recommend a VERY clean, very stable 2.1 rom? I prefer it stock as I can get, I'll add in the stuff I need.

rigo 03-12-2010 02:11 PM

nevermind

violentz313 03-12-2010 02:14 PM

Ive had lots of experiences with different roms and as weird as it sounds the most stable i have ever used by far is the official 2.1 sense rom. In almost every rom i have used within a month maybe less the rom runs like crap with the stock rom i have not had to hard reset since the day it was released. Hope this helps you.

Outkast206 03-12-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violentz313 (Post 1625461)
Ive had lots of experiences with different roms and as weird as it sounds the most stable i have ever used by far is the official 2.1 sense rom. In almost every rom i have used within a month maybe less the rom runs like crap with the stock rom i have not had to hard reset since the day it was released. Hope this helps you.

Yeah, I recall being surprisingly impressed with the stock 2.1 from VZN, do you have a link to it by chance? I figure I can cab in about anything else I would need. Thanks btw.

violentz313 03-12-2010 02:55 PM

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%20...58005_Ship.exe

thats what ive done i have found no reason to have a custom rom other then manila 2.5 everything i use can be installed by cab

notanerd1411 03-12-2010 03:06 PM

I have been using Mightys 6.5/2.1 "official" rom for a while and loved it, but now I am using impact and am blown away... It is just as stable as his official and very quick to use. definately worth giving a try. (also his love rom is great too)

willyjay 03-12-2010 04:30 PM

I'm running Mighty's official 6.5/2.1 now. Was using his WAR, which was fine, i just had an itching to flash so I went to Mr.X's 2.5 (which was very good, just not my cup of tea), then back to stock for a bit. Stock just felt clumbsy to me and I found myself looking for too many cabs to address things (I HATE that clock flip animation). So I went back to MR 6.5/2.1 and have not had any issues (never had to hard reset). Only soft resets are when trying different .cabs. I can't see using stock VZW rom, MR is just waaay better, in my oppinion. Your's may vary. I'd say, if you must have 2.1, try Mighty's for a few days (very clean - stockish), then go back to stock and see what you think. Then, if you get the urge to flash, and want to see what the phone can do, MightyWAR is really good!!!!

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to add my $0.02 from what I've used.

Edit: Here is the link for the VZW 6.5/2.1 download
http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downl...erizonWireless

Just FYI.....VZW is "supposidly" (read - don't hold me to it) coming out with a 2.5 upgrade. Also, Mighty has said he's looking to update/finalize his 2.1 rom (no eta provided).

cozmic 03-13-2010 02:13 PM

been using MR. X w/ sense 2.5 for about a week.
not sure if i like sense 2.5 so might try a 2.1 next
very stable - no problems.
just got the phone so haven't flashed any others yet.

if you do flash another rom and tether, keep an eye on data usage - i think the carriers can now detect if you are tethering (i think its discussed in the FAQ). there is a cab (i think from Mighty Mike) that can disable this ability. i believe the cab is in MM and Mr. X roms do you don't have to install it separately.

happy flashing