PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   file explorer frozen! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113862)

thrashingdeth 03-12-2010 07:42 AM

file explorer frozen!

ahuhuh i was browsing windows folder and i forgot what happened that i closed my file explorer now it is frozen with the wait cursor. and nothing happens. just sits there. i searched and found something using total commander, butttt i cant even install it. am i sol?

HBOOT 03-12-2010 08:33 AM

Re: file explorer frozen!

Dude , just soft reset that thang:mrgreen: u ll be ok. And definitely install TC, cant tweak registry without it

thrashingdeth 03-12-2010 05:25 PM

yeah i soft reset but it would still do the same thing. buttttt i let it load over night and it was cool when i woke up...lol thanks man

drewcam888 03-12-2010 05:33 PM

file explorer can take 3 minutes to load the large windows directory

JDM_SOHC 03-12-2010 06:04 PM

file explorer never gives me any problems... I even installed the File Explorer Extension.cab and it still works fine.. And for RegEdit's I never use TC anyways, i'm a PHM Reg Edit kinda guy =)

Mojary 03-12-2010 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah it's a headache using file explorer and you go to your windows folder. your kids would be adults before it actually opens the folder up!...i kid and exaggerated on that...but might as well be true though.

there was an alternative file explorer cab that i installed on my device that fixed the problem, but i gots to find it for ya. that was a couple of months ago. i'm not sure which of my other sd cards i stored the file on. but will look for it tonight and post cab file. i'll try to see if i can find the thread i found it on as well.

EDIT: ok found it. its actually not an alternative file explorer like resco explorer. its an add-on for your file explorer. but it did do the job for me. after i installed this, file explorer didnt take too long to open up the windows folder. it still takes a few seconds but thats expected since the folder is a big folder file. this cab lets you see other file information the stock explorer woouldnt normally do. i forgot where i got this but credit goes to him/her for the cab.

hope this helps you!

gTen 03-12-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrashingdeth (Post 1624778)
ahuhuh i was browsing windows folder and i forgot what happened that i closed my file explorer now it is frozen with the wait cursor. and nothing happens. just sits there. i searched and found something using total commander, butttt i cant even install it. am i sol?

Are you using wm 6.1? because I think this issue was fixed with wm6.5...even on my mogul once I updated to wm6.5 it never had issues loading up windows folder but it did on wm5-6.1

eksasol 03-12-2010 08:48 PM

Edit the registry to change the last folder that File Explorer used.

Go to HKCU/Software/Microsoft/File Explorer
Change the value of the value "LocalPath" to a path other than /Windows.

Or use a les bloated rom.

Sorry, there seem to be no backlash on the HTC keyboard.

thrashingdeth 03-13-2010 04:54 AM

thanks all for the help and suggestions. i was able to fix it, thank jebus. and it is 6.5. It did seem to take an eternity but eventually it worked. This never had happened to me before, it never took this long. anyways, thanks doods

nrfitchett4 03-13-2010 07:01 AM

file explorer on my calkulin ROM is worthless, constant slow downs and freezeups. i'm using iss file explorer pro, much faster. only 2.95.